I have a daughter (JA)

Your sister Zips up your dress and places a hand on your shoulder. Through the mirror you can see her smiling at you proudly. You take in your whole attire and feel satisfied. You turn around to look at your sister when a little child runs into the room.

 You turn around to look at your sister when a little child runs into the room

    "Look here, see how beautiful your Mama looks," your mum says

    You carry your daughter on your hips and kiss her cheeks.

    "Where are you going Mama?" She signs.

    "Mama if going out to meet a friend baby. I will be back soon," you sign.

    "Then who will read me a story?"

    "Today one day Nana will," you sign.

    She nods and you look at your sister.

    "What if he doesn't like her too?" You ask your sister.

    You were going on another blind date. You were scared that just like every other guy you've been with , this guy too will leave just because your daughter was deaf.

    "Well then he is a douche bag and is not worth this wonderful child," your sister says caressing your daughter's cheeks.

    "I'm fed up on going one multiple blind dates. I swear if this doesn't work, I'm gonna give up on dating."

    "I don't think that will be necessary. Jack is My best friend's son. I know that child, he's not so bad."

    "I hope. I only want what's best for my little Lotta."

    Your sister Carrie's her from you and puts her down.

    "Lotta be a good girl and go clean your teeth. And get into bed with all your toys. I'll come and read you a story. I'll bring you Chocolates," you sign to her and she nods.

   "Bye mama."

   You both hug one last time

   You sign, "I love you " to eachother before she goes away to her room.

   After few minutes your Uber comes and you leave. You sit in the car in anticipation feeling nervous.

    Once you reach the hotel you were meeting Jack and go inside. A charming young man greats you and pulls the chair for you to sit like a gentleman.

    "You look very beautiful Y/N," he says.

   "You look very nice too," you say.

    He chuckles.

      You both order your food and start to have a long conversation. You start taking a liking to Jack and all you can do is hope he'll stay. He tells you lots of jokes making you laugh and choke on your food. You were having such a wonderful time that you didnt want to tell him the truth. You knew once you did everything is gonna get awkward and he'll leave. So you don't utter a word. After you guys were done Jack drives you hope. Only when he stops by your house, you realize you can't hide something like this.

    "Jack I need to tell you something," you say

    He nods and looks at you waiting for answers. You start to feel nervous.

    "I have a daughter," you say with your eyes closed.

    "I know."

    "She is deaf, Jack," I tell him.

    He doesn't say anything. He just looks at me.

     "If you wanna leave just do it. I know a deaf daughter is too much to handle. Just go. Goodbye," you say and quickly grab the door handle ready to open it.

    "Can I meet her?" His words stop you.

    You remove your hand and look at him. His expression is soft and calming. You nod and take him inside with you. Your sister is shocked to see that you actually brought a guy home. Normally they leave by the door.

    You take him into your daughter's room and find her sleeping. You turn on the light and sit beside of her. He hesitates and looks at you.

    "Sit."

    He sits on the other side of her. Your daughter squirms in her bed and slowly opens her eyes. As soon as she sees you she jumps into your arms. You hug her tight and pull away.

    "I brought a friend home," you sign.

    She turns and looks at Jack.

   "Hi," she signs.

    "Hello Lotta," you are shocked seeing Jack sign at your daughter.

    You just watch as they continue to sign at each other.

    "Hi. What is your name?"

    "My name is Jack. I've heard a lot about you."

    Lotta Chuckles.

    "Do you like barbie?" She signs

    "My sister plays with her a lot. So I'm forced to like her."

    "Will you play with me?"

    He nods before looking at me for permission. You lift your daughter off your lap and Jack Carries her. You quietly watch as she shows him all her barbie dolls and he plays with her. Just like he made you laugh and happy. He did the same thing to your daughter. You find yourself falling for the boy in front of you.

    After awhile Lotta yawns and Jack puts her in bed.

     "Will you come again tomorrow?" She signs

    "If your mum wants me too," he signs and looks at me.

    You simply nod. She smiles and you both kiss her good night before you walk Jack to the door.

    "Thank you for what you did," is the first thing you say when you both stand by the door.

   "It was nothing."

    "How do you know how to sign?"

     "My mum already told me about your daughter. She always talks about your family. I saw both you and Lotta's picture. You look beautiful. I wanted to meet you and that beautiful child deserves to be loved so I agreed to meet you. I'm really happy we got to do this."

    "Thank you so much Jack. I'm happy too. You made both of us happy."

    "So does that mean I can take you on another date again?"

    You start to blush

   "Yes."

    "Tomorrow @ 8:30?"

    "Sure."

    "Bring Lotta too."

    "Okay."

    "Good night Y/N."

    "Good night Jack."

    He takes your hand in his and kisses your knuckles before leaving. You go back into your house finally happy that you found the one .