Part 1: Forgotten Memories

Val P.O.V

When we arrive back at the house, Cenia and I come together for the new set task given by Papà.

We are ordered into our father's office, and as usual, he smiles at us with love. He sits at his desk in his modern chair and glass desk. His desk is shrouded in sheets of paper, probably from the shipment plans, his illegal and legal businesses, his hair is a mess, and his blazer is on the couch.

"Hola, my girls", he smiles lightly, sitting the documents in his hands on the office table. "Your new task, kill Italian mafia mole. Take out the guards and slit any throats of people who look important, don't back down if it's a woman" The task is to kill the double-crosser who is a mole in fathers empire, the mole soon returned to his mafia group, the Italian mafia. When our father finally knew it was him, it was too late as the mole managed to find out the shipment plans. His mafia team took many of my father's legal and illegal supplies from his dockyard in the south of Russia, and his father wasn't too happy about this.

He knew there was a mole, god damn. He's been in the business for 30 years. I chuckle and look at Papà in shock.

"You underestimate us", Cenia backs up with a devilish grin.

"We don't back down even if it is a woman" father looks at us with such pride, a smirk spreading across his face like a Cheshire Cat. "That's my girls".

"But don't forget that they will notice you two as soon as you enter the building, so change your looks so that bastard can't recognise you" Cenia and I nod in approval and leave through the wooden door of fathers office all, giddy about our new task. We walk down the grand staircase to see our beautiful Tía Paula help get us ready and change our look for tonight. That's one thing that we stand out for our long blonde hair and our striking ice blue eyes.

"Chicas" (Girls), Aunt Paula calls out, smiling at us. I scream like I haven't seen aunt Paula in days, even though I saw her at breakfast. "We need to get ready Papà has given us a mission. Can you help us?" I state to Aunt Paula as I ask for her help. She and her mother always did missions together. They were the devil twins of the Spanish mafia, and Cenia and I can't wait to have the same title. Though I think we already have a decent title. Aunt Paula smiles; that's a yes.

"Come on, then we need to fly out to Italy in 20 hours", Cenia informs aunt Paula, so we need to start. Aunt Paula suddenly looks down and frowns. I become sad to see her slightly unhappy. "Come on then but before you go. Regazza devo dirti una cosa importante e devi essere di mentalità aperta, ok? e parla in italiano così tuo padre non può capirci" (Girls I have to tell you something important and you must be open-minded, okay? and speak in Italian so your dad cannot understand us) Aunt Paula states, Me and Cenia nod in approval as I see this is an important matter. It is essential if our father is not to hear. We begin to walk towards the other end of the three-story mansion to the area of guns and weapons. All three of us stand around the centre, which seems like a table but has a drawer filled with various weapons. I watch as Aunt Paula goes to the computer and disconnects the security cameras from the room so they can't record what we are saying. She turns to us, standing close and says calmly in Italian.

"Right girls, now what I'm about to tell you may seem like something that you don't want to hear?" Cenia looks uncomfortable, and I notice it immediately. I hold onto her hand and squeeze it lightly. Cenia smiles in return as she appreciates her sister's comfort. Aunt Paula continues.

"Do you trust me?" With wide eyes, Cenia and I both nod in sync. Aunt Paula breathes deeply. As if what she's about to say could change our lives. What's the worst that can be said?

"Your father, he....... he....." She couldn't say it as she breathed in and out lightly like the air was the only thing helping her through this. She holds onto the table with her hands. Cenia and I grab one of her hands and tell her it's okay. She finally continues with what she is trying to say.