Part 1: Obey my every command

Cenia's P.O.V

-the next day-

The atmosphere in the house was near enough a storm cloud; everyone was gloomy. Pale faces, sad faces, clenched eyebrows and teary eyes. Val's only face looked bright; she was happy to see the 'love of her life. I felt sick to the stomach when she said that.

Ever since we were saved by Dante on that very first day, everything that has happened to us two came crashing down to me today, we've been through a lot and stuck together, and today will be no different; I just know I'm going to lose her to that controlling bastard.

It's been a good few weeks since she lost her memory, so we came to the hard conclusion that she won't be remembering anything anytime soon.

After finding Dante last night in the twin's room, Enzo and I put him to bed, and Enzo never left his side.

Enzo orders Elena, Camilla and Allessandro to leave the house with Lorenzo and go to a hotel for the day until he knows Diego is no longer in the home or if anything goes wrong. Elena knew it was the best idea and quickly accepted the night away in a plush five-star hotel. Elena left early this morning with everyone, including Eleanore and Angelo.

It was hard for Dante to let his mother take the twins with her, but he knew it was for the best in case anything wrong happened. Dante wouldn't live with himself if the boys got hurt. The only people in the house were Val, Dante, and Enzo. Of course, some security, but we didn't want Diego to think this was a trap anymore than what he already thought it was.

I got showered and changed into black jeans, a white jumper and my doc martens. Walking out of my room, I was greeted by Enzo, who looked tired and also really frustrated. He's helped Dante all night as he had nightmare after nightmare. At one point in the night, I heard crashing about and saw Dantes room this morning being wholly destroyed. He's falling apart without Val; we all are. This is just the icing on the cake. Enzo and I walked to the kitchen, where was greeted by a happy Val and, on the other end of the table, a tired and sorrow looking Dante. He looked like a glass doll; he could break at any moment.

"When is he getting here?" Val said, a bit cheery for the rest of the room. She clearly didn't see any of our distraught faces, and Dante stared at her for a little too long before it got awkward. He got up and left the room.

"He'll be here around 12.00", Enzo answered for Dante, and Val smiled wildly, biting her lip, and my heart was ripped apart. I don't want to save her again from him, but if that's what I have to do to make her happy, then I will.

"I'm going to get ready," Val says, prancing out the room and a tear shredded from my eye, and I instantly wiped it away. Enzo looked down; he seemed as distraught and confused as much as I felt. It's 11.15, under an hour before the bastard gets here.

That hour seemed like an hour in hell as me, Enzo and Dante all sat in the living room waiting for Diego. None of us talked, and the only sound was my heavy heartbeat and Dantes heavy breathing, and sometimes he would sniffle with cries. My breathing got sober, and I kept twiddling my thumbs.

Even if Val hasn't got her memory back, I won't hesitate to do anything she tells me to; blood is thicker than water; if she says to kill, I will do it. I'm there for her, even if she wants to be with that psycho. My eyes instantly turned black as the guard at the door said that Diego had arrived.

Dante looked at me one final time; I gulped deeply, looking down, before we all got up, walking to the main entrance, and Dante stood on the stairs as we heard Val run down the stairs in time for Diego to come prancing through the door. She squealed before running to him, passing Dante on the stairs in the process and hugging him deeply.

"I've missed you", I hear her say, and he wraps an arm around her waist. Digging his head into her neck, tears welled up in my eyes; I'll never get her back now. He'll tie stings around her and control her like a puppet. Diego's hair was scruffy, and he had punch marks on his face. He was wearing a suit jacket and a shirt open at the top, with smart trousers and shoes.

"You have her. You can go now," Dante says, looking down, and I couldn't help but let the tears fall, and Diego smirked in my direction. I felt sick to the stomach.

"And the boys?" Diego says, smirking in Dantes direction. Dante answered with a growl, and Diego snickered.

"She's the mother!" Diego argued, tightening the grip around Val's waist, not letting her go at all, I thought I heard her wince in pain, but I think that's my mind playing tricks on me.

"And I'm their father, they stay with me, I have custody papers", Dante answers and I look at him, my eyes wide; he wouldn't do that to Val. He looked at me and winked, letting me know he's lying.

"Fair enough, we'll make more? Huh, Tina?" Diego said, and suddenly Val was quiet. I wanted to reach out and see if she was okay. See if she could hug me for one last time.

"Tina?" Diego repeated, into which Val looked at him and nodded before smiling.

"Of course", she answered, biting her lip and rubbing his shoulders, and I could almost throw up. She hates the nickname Tina always has.

"We better go then?" Diego says, raising his eyebrows and smirking, showing his pearly whites that weren't really white, and Enzo clicked his gun as if to answer that as a yes. Diego pulled Val out the door, but Val let go of Diego before they got right outside.

"Wait......" Val began to say that Dante had a glimpse of hope in his eyes.

"I want to say goodbye to Cenia", Val says before turning to me and running before she hugs me tight. I cried.

"It's okay, please be there for whatever I say, okay, answer me, say okay," Val says in a whisper. Holding my head. I nodded, whispering okay, even if I was confused. I'll do anything for her. Anything.

"I- I want to talk to you and Dante, alone. Please..... baby," Val says, gulping down deeply, looking at Diego and Dante. I scrunched my eyes, looking between her and Dante. Which Dante nodded, leading them upstairs to his office.

"No, in the basement, it's quiet," Val says, shuffling in her spot; I was confused, but I'll do what she says; I'm hypnotised to whatever she says and does. Val then walks over and holds Diego's hand. He looked too loved up to notice that she said basement. Dante looked at me, worried; I shrugged my shoulders before following them down. Enzo stayed upstairs.

We got down into an extensive basement area with two chairs in the centre of the black room, a light above the two; it was well lit. Val led Diego into the chair and then told Dante to sit down. She looked at me and motioned to the switch on the side, I knew exactly what the switch did, and I didn't realise Val's plan or what she was doing. I was clouded with love and hatred. Confused with loyalty and hostility as I obeyed everything she said, and I flipped the switch in which the cuffs on the side of the chairs flipped over, holding the two boys in place.

I slid down the wall crying as all I could think of was Val and how I had to obey what she said; I'll do anything for her. For my sister. I was tearing up so much that I didn't hear the boys shouting, Dante crying, and Diego shouting cuss words, and I didn't see her pull up a gun and point it to the love of her life.

Both the boys face dropped as she fired the gun, and my whole life was about to change at that moment in time, as the blood polled out of the man she once loved. Before all this happened.

Before it all.

'Love of her life.'

'Her Rock'

'Her love'

He's dead.

———————

this was a tough chapter to write 😭

let us know how you all feel about Val and Dante.