Part 1: Memories that last a life time

Val P.O.V

"Val?"

I look over to the man I love, to the man who saved me. I lowered the gun as it was pointing at the man that beat me, said he loved me; The man I've always wanted to put a bullet through his skull since forever and me. I look straight at Dante as the tears pool in my eyes as memories from the past couple of weeks flood into my mind. I couldn't remember any of my life after Diego. I can't believe I wanted to be back into the arms of that motherfucker. Diego.

"Val?" I hear Cenia faintly say as she looks at me while crouched on the floor, tears streaming down her face. I try to keep my face as straight as possible. I place the gun on the floor and kick it at her. I then face Dante before kneeling and placing a hand on his cheek; he flinches at first before leaning into it.

"Dante....." I begin to say as I could no longer hold the tears back. I look up at him to see the pain in his eyes.

"Do you think I would shoot the man I fell in love with?" I huff out as the tears are now streaming down my face. Dante's expression changed as he looked between my eyes and lips, his arms and body going limp in the chair.

"You- you remember?" Dante expresses; I look down, holding his hand, which are both still clasped into the chair. I motion to Cenia to let him out, and she does, turning around and pulling a switch that uncuffs him. Dante stands up to his full height. I follow his actions by standing up with him, my eyes meeting his own. He grabs my face in his strong hands, looking between my eyes, his eyes showing that he's scared for me to say no.

"Yes, yes, I remember," I said before the tears started flowing. All I wanted to do was kiss the man I love, tell him it's all okay, hold my sons again. Dante's face was a picture; he looked shocked but in awe as I smiled at him. I was nodding my head as if approving to him that I remember everything. His warm hands on my cheeks make me feel safe as I hold one and lean more into him.

"When? How? What triggered it?" Dante asked in a rush as if any second I'd forget again; I smiled at him, slightly laughing. It was such a stupid thing that brought it back. I look towards the now dead Diego before laughing.

"When I saw him, and he called me Tina, everything flowed back. He hit me in the basement but that only brought the memories back about him. It wasn't until Cenia said 'Siempre y para Siempre' did I get them all back. I look to Cenia to see her crying. It was that point when I remembered us getting married, the twins, meeting you for the first time..." I pause for a moment as I stare back at the man I love.

"I had to play it safe, so I could get you two down here and make you two believe me so Diego wouldn't be suspicious of me. I had to make him believe I loved him, so I could kill him," I said, my hand's moving up to the back of his neck as he hums at my warm touch. He smiles at me as his forehead leans on my own.

"Can I have my wedding rings back, please?" I say, smiling as Dante looks down, and then I look at Diego, and the bullet wound in his skull, fresh blood dripping from the newly formed hole. Dante's eyes meet mine as his hand reaches around from his neck, and he takes the rings from the necklace that held them, but before he can take it off, we hear crashing. My head turns around so fast, and we all jump up in alert just as Diego's men come barging into the room.

That's when all the shooting starts, and Diego's men start aiming guns at my family, and I. Dante picks up the gun from the corner and begins to shoot as I too reach for my gun on the floor, and I start to shoot at anyone who doesn't look familiar to me.

I feel myself being tackled by one of Dantes men. I look into the soulless eyes of his right-hand man,

"This is for Diego, you bitch", He says before shoving and twisting his knife in my abdomen. Pain ripples throughout my stomach. I manage to lift my gun and replace one of his eyes with a bullet. I immediately touch the wound; I raise my hand to see blood covering my tan skin. When I looked up, Cenia was shooting the last of Diego's men, like the badass she is. She turned to me, but I covered up my wound with the jacket I was wearing, so she didn't have to worry about me.

"We should get out of here," Cenia says, looking at me. I hold my jacket closer to me, so no one notices. Dante comes up behind me and smiles as his hand wraps around my waist.

"Thanks for doing what I said," I say to Cenia as she walks my way; she comes closer, rubbing my arm up and down, smiling sweetly at me, that same comforting smile that makes my heart warm up more than anything in the world. I got another flurry of pain, keeping my face as straight as possible, so no one catches on.

"This is why you said to do as you say?" Cenia smiles, and I nod, smiling widely that she got my message. I feel Dante's hand on my arm, and I look at him. Love in my eyes, as well as in his.

"I've missed you so bad, Amore," He says, and I smile; all I want to do is kiss him and tell him it's all okay. Tell him I'm here forever; tell him I'll never leave ever. I leaned up to him brushing our lips together before his hands reached my face and forced my head closer to his, our lips crashing together. Do you know the feeling of just pure bliss? That's how I feel every time I kiss my husband. The pure joy as I hold him close, my hands around his neck, like at any moment he'll let me go forever. Our lips move in sync. I moaned as he bit my lip, and I looked into his eyes before pulling away.

"I've missed that, Amore," he says, and I smile significantly, his eyes lighting up like fireworks. I've finally got my Dante back. I jump from his hold as we all hear more loud noises come down the stairs; we immediately grab hold of our guns again, making sure it's not an enemy, only to see Enzo's head pop into from the basement door. We all laugh, and I laugh hard but regret it as my wound begins to rip open more and more, and the pain rippled from my stomach to my lungs, making it have to breathe. I start to feel lightheaded.

"What the actual fuck just happened?" Enzo says as we see the bruise on his head, telling us that he was obviously knocked out. I look up to his eyes as he joins me, Cenia and Dante.

"Val remembers, get the family back", Cenia orders as Enzo looks at me before his eyes go towards my hand, now holding my stomach. I couldn't move the pain was now unbearable; he moved to me as my eyes went to the back of my head before my legs gave up on me, and I fell to the floor.

"Val!!" Dante shouts as his movements follow mine as I now lay on the floor and my head resting on his lap; he grabs my hand from my stomach and raises it high, and I can clearly see the rich red blood colour on my fingertips.

"Enzo gets the doctor, NOW" he shouts as Enzo is quick on his feet as he scurries away. Dante is up on his feet, picking me up bridal style and my head resting on his shoulder. My vision is blurry as I try to focus on my man's face, but everything goes dizzy as the pain in my stomach ripples through to my lungs, and now I try to take sharp breaths to keep me breathing.

"DON'T YOU DARE DIE ON ME, VAL. NOT NOW. NOT EVER. I just got you back," he shouts, and I could hear him, but then his voice falters. I notice now that I'm on something soft and not warm from Dante's embrace. I listen to him shouting for the doctor. With my vision fading, all I see is, well, I'm guessing he is now in the room, and the doctor is quick to start to attend to my wound.

He is quick, but I start to slowly lose consciousness; they rip my clothes off, so my wound is out to show on my lower stomach, and I feel equipment being held on my stomach. Although all of what is happening around me, my eyes roll around as I feel myself slip into unconsciousness.

"Val, please. Don't leave me", Dante cries as I faintly see him next to me; one of his hands in is my own, and another is on my cheek. I smile lightly to show him that it will all be okay, his face I could faintly see. I see the tears sliding down his cheek as I breathe deep enough to at least get one sentence out to say to him.

"You aren't getting rid of me that quickly. I love you" I chuckle a throaty laugh before I lose consciousness entirely; my last sight in my head was Dante crying.

——————————————
Well, that was intense.

Like and comment