Part 1: Cut To The Feeling

Val's P.O.V.

"You're pregnant," Dante says, and I couldn't feel myself. I was supposed to tell him. Me, not anyone else. How does he know? I look down, and I nod. He huffs, stroking a hand through his hair.

"Were you going to tell me?" He said, and I couldn't form words. So I just looked at him blankly.

"Were-Were you pregnant when you left?" he questions, looking confused and flustered. I nodded, and I wanted to cry, oh Dios, these hormones.

"I- I was going to tell you the night at the Ball, but Diego was there, and you know the rest. So I knew you'd find out one way or another," I said, and I looked up to his slightly annoyed expression.

"How far along are you?" He asked, and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe a few weeks", I explained, and he nodded.

"Dante, I was going to tell you either way. Either I was to return back to you or even if we split up," I explained, and he just harshly kissed me. No other words were said.

"Don't say that; I have you. I'm not letting you go!" He stated, and I nodded my head as I started to cry.

"Her hormones are the worst, by the way. Good luck," Cenia says as she walks up to me with tea and a biscuit.

"Whiskey makes her feel sick, don't give her cucumber, and if she's in the same room as tuna, she will throw up mountains", Cenia explains my cravings saying that my fave thing to eat is a cheese sandwich and the green pot noodle. Dante laughs, and I see that he's taking notes. Cenia left Dante and me to talk. With that, the doctor came in. Dr Martin.

"Hello, Val. How are we feeling?" He asks, and I smile before I explain I have a sore shoulder and a headache. He describes how my baby is 12 weeks along and is fully healthy, and I can find out the gender in a few weeks. I'm put to bed rest just in case, and if anything feels strange, I've to contact him sooner rather than later. Dr Martin leaves us, and I feel tired as I snuggle into the pillow.

"I'm sorry for not believing you, Val", Dante says, and I smile at him.

"I knew you would see sense, and it's okay. You have me now; I'm not leaving you again," I explained, and Dante has a massive smile on his face; he reaches out, touching my stomach with his vast warm hand, and I smile as the little baby Lombardi grows inside me.

"Mr Lombardi, Val can rest in her own bed if she wishes, but no funny business", Dr Martin states as he looks more to Dante than to me. He hands Dante some pills for me to take for pain, and I laugh as the doctor leaves the room.

"Wait, so that means completely no sex," Dante says, looking wide-eyed, and I smile, rubbing his hand that's still on my belly.

"Yes," I say, and his smile falters.

"Val, please no", Dante says as he tries to convince me that we should do it when I'm better. I said we'll see. Dante carries me up to our room. That's been clean of the whiskey and smashed glass. He places me on the freshly made bed. Before he puts me in the bed, he pulls them back, and I get under the covers. He kisses me sweetly, and I kiss him back.

"Will you lay with me?" I ask, and he smiles before pulling the covers back on his side, taking off his clothes, so he's left in his boxers, slipping in next to me, he pulls me close. I don't have a bump yet, so I was pretty close to his chest, and I enjoyed the warmth.

"I've missed you," I said just above a whisper. He kisses my forehead, and I snuggle deeper into his warmth.

"I love you, Val," he says again, and I could hear him say it all day.