Chapter 1 - a Hot Chelle Rae fanfic

Hey guys! I hope you'll like this fanfic and i would really appreciate it if you could vote, and comment what you think.

By the way, I live in AUSTRALIA, and this is set in America. Seeing as i don't know anything about American terms and ways, i may sound very stupid to a lot of you ahah. Just tell me if i've got something wrong. And as for the setting being in Lockeland Springs, i have no idea what this suburb is like so i'm basing it on my imagination. THIS IS PURE FICTION. I would reeeeally aprecciate it if you guys could comment, even if it's just a simple 'update soon!' it shows me that you're reading, because if your not commenting or voting then i don't think people are reading through D:

Remember, vote and comment, and hope you'll like it!

I was in the midst of singing, mid verse of Eyes Open by Taylor Swift, when my mum burst in the door. My singing teacher and I looked towards the commotion with silence falling over all three of us. The sight of my mum made me disgusted. Her hair was a mess, her small dress that barely covered anything was covering less than usual, and she looked drunk as hell. Typical. It was 9:40am and my singing teacher, Eric, came over at 9:30 to start the lesson. In the 10 minutes he's been here I've started on Taylor Swift. Usually we'd start with a certain artist and perfect my singing of them, then I'd sing him my homework -- a song I learned by myself after the last lesson on Monday. We'd changed the lesson from Saturday to Monday because of the school holidays. Usually I'd be excited about 6 weeks off of school, but knowing I'd have to be around my mum for most of it made me sick to my stomach.

"What are you looking at?" My mother snapped at us both. "Never seen skin before?" And with that, she stormed to her room and slammed the door. I'd hoped she was going to sleep and couldn't hear my voice as I begun to sing again with Eric's eyes focused on me.

When I'd finished and opened my eyes, I stared into Eric's which were full of wonder and pride. "It's good," he said slowly. "I think we need to focus on the low parts, which you seem to be struggling with."

It was true, I had talent when I was singing in a high tone, it was just the low tones that really struck me down. "Okay," I said enthusiastically.

"Well let me hear your homework, what are you going to sing?"

"Come Back To California, by Hot Chelle Rae," I answered. Hot Chelle Rae was the best band in the world in my eyes. I was completely addicted to their music, and of course, them. They were amazing, and I really admired Ryan's voice. It was heaven to my ears, it was also my inspiration to take up my dream of singing.

I pressed play on the iPod dock and heard the music begin to play. There was the small fraction of talking at the beginning, which I always loved, and I cleared my throat ready to sing. "Well the beach is empty, and the skies are grey. It's getting cold out on the pier. Ever since you left me, there hasn't been a sunny day. I gotta say it's getting weird..." I let the melody envelope me and sung my hardest, as if Ryan, Ian, Jamie and Nash were in front of me and I was going to make them proud. The chorus passed and the second verse, but I secretly wished the song would never end. I was in my own little world here and I didn't want out. The music faded a little and my favourite part was here. This was where I could really show off my voice without it competing with the music.

"Come back to California, it sucks without you here. It's like the sun stops shining, the palm tree's disappeared." The music kicked in again. "Come back to California, don't leave me all alone. I'll call up Schwarzenegger tell him you're coming home.  Come back to California, it sucks without you here. It's like the sun stops shining, the palm trees disappeared. Come back to California, life sucks since you've been gone. So I'll pour you a mojito. I'll play your favourite song. I'm just trying to say I miss you..." I looked up from the leather upholstered couch and turned the music off. My teacher gave a slow applause and nodded his head.