Chapter 8

It'd be a time when I would have to pick up my own broken pieces, use cheap glue and tape, and patch myself up with the help of those who forgot me.

That time is now, especially with life developing in my womb. With it, patching myself up will be difficult.

~

"Whoa, whoa, guys!" I shot out immediately, just before Makarov or Loke could take a shot at Cobra and Midnight, although the convicts were most definitely ready to throw down with the old man and spirit if needed. "Before you start attacking, we should explain first!" I waved my hands frantically in front of me as a form to say stop.

Loke sighed deeply, reluctantly lowering his hands.

"Well, child? I want an explanation!" Makarov was stone-faced.

"Uh, well, to sum it down, the Council is giving these guys a chance to become good and put them in my custody for a year, " I explain quickly. "It was unexpected for me as well."

Veins popped from the man's balding head as he turned his rage on the officers. "Why wasn't I notified about this, too!!!???"

"The Council forbade from mentioning it to any outsiders, Makarov. Forgive us for the inconvenience." Lahar looked at the man with a growing frown, "As you and your guild have had a...conflicting past with these men. I'm sure any other person in Fairy Tail would've killed them on sight."

Dorinbolt stepped up, "Believe us, it took a while to confirm the decision. Lucy Heartfilia was the one we decided for their guardian."

"But why Lucy? I don't know about you, but I certainly don't want my friend and key holder being cooped up with these psychos!" Loke burst out angrily.

"L-Loke..." I am unheard by the lion spirit or anyone else for that matter.

"You wanna go, pretty boy? I'll tear your throat out before you can even scream for yer momma!" Cobra growled menacingly, bearing his fangs.

I guess this triggered a memory or long lost emotion because all I felt just now, was a sudden rage and complete determination of wanting to save my apartment from absolute destruction.

"STOP!" I shout, the sheer scream scratched the insides of my esophagus. 

Cobra winced at my shout. Loke froze in his shoes. Both men backed off.

"If any of you think of fighting in MY apartment, I swear, I'll carve your intestines out with a damned butcher knife!" I threatened, fisting my hands on my hips with the sternest glare I've ever mustered up.

"Now, now, child..." Crap! I completely blanked on the others being here, too! I begin to sweat nervously.

"It seems Miss Heartfilia has this completely under control, " Dorinbolt said confidently. "We'll leave it to you, and send the rest tomorrow."

And as soon as they came, they left, leaving the two convicts to lounge in my home space. Seriously? Well, I really can't complain, anyway. I'm the one who accepted to do the job.

Loke cleared his throat, coughing into his fist. "Lucy, Makarov. We must speak."

So, I'm guessing he brought Makarov here. Probably after I tried to kill the baby. Just by thinking about it, my stomach churns again. I grimace, trying not to shudder at the thought.

"Hm? Of course. This is why I came in the first place." Makarov nodded.

As we went to leave, I stop, turning back to the men lounging on the furniture. "You guys stay here, got it?" I sternly say, thrusting my index finger at the floor.