Chapter 10

Throughout the night, it was hard to sleep. Not only was it because of Cobra and Midnight in the room (they make me anxious), but also because of my previous thoughts about Makarov's decision and Loke's suggestion on relocating us. I think he thinks by moving me somewhere else, it'd become easier. I think it may help with the constant paranoia eating away at me, but moving would make things a little difficult on me; I don't exactly have the ability to pull money out of my butt and last month's rent took a heavy toll on my wallet.

Although it was a long ways away, Crocus seemed big enough to hide us. If I were being honest, I would let each of my friends (my spirits) give Natsu their special kicks, and by that, I mean just unleash hell on him. Unfortunately, I won't stoop to his level. 

I slide my hand onto my abdomen and rub my thumb over the hem of my shirt. It was really there, huh? The dread spread throughout my body again. I stare up at the dark ceiling. Blood pulsated into my ears, it nearly hurt to lay in my bed.

 It was excruciating to even think life will become harder because Natsu not wanting to keep his dick under control. Sigh. I can't change the past, and I most definitely can't change the present. I wish I could, but it's like wishing for the impossible to happen.

Now, stop being depressed and sleep! I bark at myself, rolling onto my side, closing my eyes, but they only blinked. I wasn't tired. I'm anxious. I felt like a witness going under a protection program. More like a victim under the protection program.

Sleep, Lucy! I push myself to force my eyelids close.

Minutes later, I still wasn't able to sleep. I internally groan. There was too much swirling around in my mind to even sleep on, but still. I should sleep, tomorrow will be a long day, I told myself. I sniffle as quietly as I could, subconsciously releasing tears that I hadn't known I'd held in.

Taking a shaky deep breath, I allow myself to be engulfed with the Void I most likely will float in until further notice.

~

By morning, it felt as if I never even slept. Makarov was the one to wake me up. How he got inside my apartment, I couldn't really process. My guess is that either Cobra or Midnight let him in. I honestly couldn't comprehend as I was pulled from my bed, being told we were leaving.

"We'll get her things into the spirit world, " Loke's voice was softly speaking behind me, "You get them to the train station, we'll meet you there." 

"Do we seriously have to get up at this hour?" Midnight groaned just before yawning.

I nod in agreement, rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"Of course! I have a friend in Crocus who is more than willing to house you three, but unfortunately, he doesn't want to cause a commotion with his other tenants just yet, " Makarov looked at Cobra and Midnight, "So, we're going early, not many people are out and about at this time." 

I nod as if I understood everything Makarov said, but in reality, all I heard was a horn honking as his mouth moved. Nothing was processing. In through one ear, and out the other. Gibberish that not even an idiot wouldn't understand. 

"Come, children." At last, Makarov's voice returned to being understandable.

Midnight scoff haughtily, "I'm not a child, so don't call me as such." He huffed and crossed his arms over his chest. 

Yeah, you sure aren't acting one.

(Alright, peeps. I'll be time skipping, not like weeks, just a few days, they've settled into the new apartment. I was writing this, and that dreaded writer's block hit me hard, which I apologize if the beginning seemed a little boring. Let's get cracking, yeah?)

It's been about five or six days since Makarov moved us into Crocus. Cobra and Midnight seem to like the peace and quiet here. The apartment is bigger than my last, I mean, they actually have rooms to sleep in now.

I have to say, I think I like it much better. I, er, we can sleep easy now.

Our new neighbors are okay, I guess. Most of them kept to their own business, which is an excellent idea for them. They should stay away. 

Anyways, we, Cobra, Midnight, and I, had gone food shopping. All right, they obviously didn't have a choice in the matter, I made them. I mean, they should help out, too, especially since they've been handed over to me for a year. They won't be bums on the couch while I hull around, and honestly, I shouldn't hull around in my, er, well condition. I assume they know about it since they were there when it went down and we moved.

"Ugh! You got so much stuff!" Midnight groaned out loudly. He held two medium bags full of groceries. I could visibly see his arms quivering under the weight.

I chuckle, "Well, we'll have to come back tomorrow and get more stuff, but it won't be a lot." I carried my own bag, it didn't have much inside, just a box of cereal, oatmeal, and a bag of oranges.

This time, Cobra groaned. "We ain't your busboys." 

I sigh heavily, "Do you guys have to complain about every little thing?" I smack my lips in annoyance. "You'll be helping out while you're with me, at least until furthermore. You don't really have the choice to skip out on important chores." I flash them both a cheeky, yet sarcastic smile.

They frown deeply at my snarky reply. Heh. Serves them right.

Lucy: 1

Cobra and Midnight: 0

I sigh (again), "I don't mean to be rude, at all, you know." I glance at the box tops in the bag. "I just...I'm gonna need more help. The Council decided on the wrong time to put this idea of theirs into motion."

"Yeah. "Precious cargo" and all." Midnight scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"I know, " I shot at him, "If I had a choice of being pregnant or not, I wouldn't be, so try to keep any comments about the baby far from me." 

Midnight gave me a sassy 'tsk' and clicked his tongue. The bags in his arms crinkled as he readjusted them.

I was about to say something else, but I slammed into a hard, fleshy wall. I squeaked loudly, dropping the bag in my arms. The paper bag ripped and the groceries spilled onto the street.

"Crap!" I grunt out, "I'm so sorry!" 

"Sorry, Miss!" The man apologized, crouching down along with me, helping gather my fallen items.

"Thanks, I ---" My eyes nearly bulge from their sockets seeing the familiar attire of a certain S-Class mage.

He met my eyes and his jaw dropped. 

"Lucy/Gildarts!!??"

Sorry guys. I honestly got a writers' block, if you read the bold note from earlier, I panicked for something, so I made a tiny time skip, as said earlier. I hope you like this...uh...cliffhanger and crave for more. Comment, vote, and if you aren't already following me, follow and worship me, please. Ta-ta!

~Brittany