Chapter 40

So, remember me saying this chapter will be continued from the last? Yeah! I trust your interest is still high, I'm trying to keep it as much as I can with this flashback. I want to write it out instead of saying, "Oh, yeah she went out and found the 12 Zodiac." It's not as appealing, plus it gives a little depth to Anna and Acnologia's relationship. So, I hope you enjoy this chapter as you did so many of the previous ones! (Also, many apologies if it seems a little rushed)

~

Month 6

~

"Do you even know where we are?" A grumpy voice echoed off the valley walls.

"Do you even know how long you have been complaining?" Anna hisses back mockingly.

As they walk through the murky valley, Acnologia mumbles various tongues Anna couldn't understand. Many times throughout their journey, the woman had to resist the urge to slap the man upside the head. She could not believe that he wanted to help her with her quest, but yet then complain about it. You couldn't blame her for her attitude, can you?

"Give me an hour and I'll tell you", Acnologia smirked as he received a tired glare from Anna.

She let out a heavy exasperated sigh, "Now I know why I found you and not Igneel." She tenderly rubbed her temples.

Acnologia let out a short cackle of dead amusement, "Only you, woman, have the audacity to say such bold words against me."

Anna rolled her eyes before suddenly pausing in her tracks and looking around the oasis-like marsh that was more like a bog than anything. She blinked in confusion as she just noticed the weeds and grass were as nearly as tall as she was. When did they come into this? Wouldn't she have noticed tall grasses and the mud?

Before she could ask Acnologia anything, she hears what sounded like a small waterfall. It came from ahead, so naturally, Anna became curious and followed the sound.

Pushing past the tall weeds, Anna stepping into rippling crystal water with colorful pebbles and rocks at the bottom. The ripples mirrored a shining glare, which led the blonde to look up, her jaw-dropping slightly with widening eyes.

"Oi, woman!" Acnologia bursts through the weeds, his feet kicking through the water, causing semi-large splashes. "Approach with caution---what the hell?"

He caught sight of a woman. A woman who was balancing two large boulders with two identical magic runes that were glowing rather brightly. The boulders hovered, floating up and down ever so slightly.

Anna reached back at Acnologia, patting the air a few times before her fingers snagged his cloak, "I think she's Libra!" She half-whispered, half-yelled, both with excitement.

"The scale?" Acnologia suddenly became attentive, looking back at the woman, who began to float to the water.

"The balance, " Anna corrected.

"What's the difference?"

Anna didn't answer him.

"Salutations, humans." The woman said, interrupting both persons. She lowers her arms, which causes both boulders to lower to the earth. The ground and water tremble. The water roughly splashed over the weeds and above both Anna and Acnologia's knees. 

Libra turned around, facing the dragon and woman. Anna was compelled by Libra's unearthly beauty. Her dark hair was twisted into an ox horn style. Her attire resembled a belly dancer's outfit, and she has numerous bangles on her arms and legs. Her lower face is cover by a cloth that is tied around her head and displays her sign. From both hands, like a puppeteer, she holds two scales, one on each hand.