Chapter 28 | Pt. 2

"I wonder what's taking her so long?" Yukino stressed, clutching Happy a little too tightly as she paced.

"Y-Yukino...I...can't...breathe..." Happy gasped out, causing the woman to release him quickly with a silent apology.

"She likes to take her time on everything." Midnight brushes off easily, shrugging in disinterest.

"Yeah, you should see her in the morning. Freaking bimbo hogs the bathroom." Cobra grumbles out.

"Her name is Lucy, " Yukino glared at Cobra. "You should at least try to respect her while you're in her care."

The man only shrugged and crossed his arms across his chest, frowning. He'd never admit it to another soul and may God have mercy on the soul who overheard him. Cobra had come to a means of to...tolerate Lucy, for lack of a better word. She was loud and annoying, but he hasn't had a single soul be kind to him in a very long time. Midnight thought so, too. They didn't really converse with each other through years of working together.

"Should we go out and find her?" Yukino began pacing again.

"Oi, you're creating a draft! Your boyfriend went to get her a few minutes ago. Chill!" Midnight grunted in annoyance.

"Sting isn't my boyfriend! We're just teammates!" Yukino blushed furiously.

Who am I kidding? Sting-kun wouldn't want me as a girlfriend...WHAT! No. Lucy-san is much more important than my love life!

Cobra really wished she'd shut up. Her thoughts gave him a serious migraine. Like, everyone, he's ever come across, the thoughts were useless and overpowering his own. His lack of concentration left his mind unprotected from the swarming thoughts of random people.

Shit! How am I going to tell Yukino? Lucy isn't at the clinic! And I couldn't find her scent! Dammit!

The angry thought wafted into Cobra's head just before the apartment door opened. Speak of the Devil, both Sting, Rogue with their exceeds perched on both of their shoulders hurry inside.

"Sting! Rogue! Did you--?" 

"No. She's not at the clinic, it's long closed. We've tried catching her scent, no luck there." Sting ran his hands through his sweat-beaded hairline, fully stressing.

"Then, let's go look for her!" Yukino pints with determination, grabbing Lucy's keys from the counter.

Since she was banned from using her magic by Porlyusica, Lucy left her keys so she wouldn't be tempted to summon Plue or any other contracted spirit. Yukino clasps the key pouch to her belt.

"Come on, you two. We're going to find Lucy!"

"Who died and made you queen of the fortress?" Midnight heaves himself from his seat.

"Don't argue, just follow along, emo freak!" Sting gruntled, following his teammate out of the door.

~ {May contain violence} ~

"Ah!" 

Pain erupts into my back. I'm pushed roughly into the alleyways' brick walls. My palms scratch against the wall harshly. I felt the stinging burst through my nerves.

"Do you know how long we've been looking for you, Lucy?" His voice swept into my ears like broken glass in a blender.

I say nothing as I swirl around, ready to confront my assailant. My anger spikes, but it soon plunges into the depths of my fear. My sight is suddenly facing the end of the alley. The stinging burns the left side of my face.