Chapter 21

Sorry for the late update, guys! 1043--word count. and sorry if it's not as interesting, but I hope it's good enough to quench that cactus juice you're wanting...XD. Kidding...or am I??

Water whirled the roof off the entire public bathroom with a single blast of Aquarius' special urn. The mermaid, now glaring between me and those strange men, who were soaking wet, and now that I got a good look at them, they were both wearing cloaks. One of the men looked about my age. He had messy green hair and no shirt. He was lean and currently was recomposing himself, peeling himself from the wet floor. The other guy was clearly old, not like the elderly, but like Gildarts old, but it was more noticeable with the white strands in his long and braided black hair. Unlike the green-haired guy, this guy actually wore a shirt, it looked leather and so did his pants, but I wasn't sure. His arms were littered with terrible scars, tear scars, cuts, and more. He was already up and on his feet within seconds. 

"Tch! You damned brat! A puddle is one thing, but a dirty toilet is another!" the blue-haired mermaid turned her fury onto me, but I didn't really get to express my apologies or fear of her.

"Quickly now!" 

Before we could react, the older man thrusts both of his hands toward Aquarius and me, a black magic circle forming in his palms, "Lunar-Make: Dark Bullets!" 

I squeeze my eyes shut, wrapping my arms around my stomach while hunching over, preparing myself for the pain. Water sploshes upward, in which I can hear little plops of objects being stopped by the elemental barrier.

"Summon another spirit!" Aquarius demanded sternly, her hands outstretched, making the water surround us like a dome.

"O-okay!" I fumble with my key pouch, "U-uh!"

"Hurry, you brat!" Aquarius strained now that the green-haired guy was up and using some type of blades to slash at the water.

"Open Gate of the Twins! Gemini!" 

Ding dong!

The two, tiny spirits appear, obviously confused, but still ready to fight.

"Gemi, Mini, turn into Aquarius!" I command shakily.

"But, we--"

"Please, we don't have time! Just turn into Aquarius!" 

With their transformation into Aquarius, it was really weird to see two of the same mermaid spirit. The real Aquarius grunted as her power barrier suddenly weakened.

"Use your most powerful attacks!" I say quickly, hunkering down, smacking my hands over the back of my neck to protect myself from the aftermath of the giant splash that would surely take me along with the wave.

Both Aquarius and Gemini let out identical battle cries, taking their urns, which both channeled their magic, and thrust it into a circular motion. Powerful bursts of waves shot out from the urns, causing the water barrier to collapse as the roar of the attack shot through.

I was splashed with a hell of a lot of water, and I think it was a good thing I had on an unpaid-for bathing suit. I scream, feeling my body suddenly be thrown in the chaotic debris. I quickly curl my body as I'm sent flying through the air like a ball.

The next thing I knew, I was free-falling, screaming as gravity worked its terrifying magic, yanking me back to the earth. Before I could even think my life, as well as my baby's (which was impossible because I was fearing for out lives), was over, a cold and dark feeling came over me and I suddenly wasn't falling anymore.

"Did you really think I would let my target fall to her death?" 

I gasped seeing the man engulf me and himself with shadows. It was cold and consuming. Painful goosebumps erupt over my body as I try to flop away from the man, only to find I couldn't move at all. I cry out in panic, flailing my arms and legs like a person who was trying to swim.

"Do not fret much, girl. Milady will ease your pain graciously." He takes me into his arms.

"Ah! Don't touch me! Get away from me!" I yelp, fearful tears slipping from my eyes.

I feel so powerless, so drained mentally, magically, and physically.

"Do not fret, girl, Milady will ease your pain graciously." He repeated, dangerously calm, clamping his arms around me tightly just before I felt my stomach drop into my chest.

Millions of thoughts flew through my mind. Terrible, negative thoughts. Memories of mom and dad and the guild, much happier memories, my friends, Loke, Virgo, Aquarius, all of them. What was going to happen to me? Was I going to die? No! I can't let myself die, for my baby, for my friends! My mind suddenly swirled. Like I was being hit with a dizzy spell, my eyes spun inside their sockets.

"--cy!!" A shout muffled through the thick inky darkness.

Who...was that? Someone, I know? Please...let me sleep...I'm so tired...

"GUHHH!!" 

I'm pulled into a very warm chest and arms as the strange, scar-armed man is suddenly shot away from me, out of the black and into the outside.

"Shadow Dragon....ROAR!!"

The powerful shadow bellow tore through the sky like a black streak of ink.

"Old man!" A shout screeched out, but gradually, the cold presences disappeared and I felt safe again.

"Are you okay, Lucy?" 

Rogue stares down at me, his brows scrunching together in concern. He lowers me to my feet. Ah, hello solid ground! How I've missed you for the past...uh, ten seconds I've been airborne? I felt my weight on my heels, my spine felt it too, aches and painfully teetering of my vertebrates. 

I groan, suddenly feeling incredibly sick, latching my hand onto Rogue to keep my steady.

"Lucy!"

"Lucy-san!"

Yukino, Sting, the exceeds, and even my charges. They rushed this way at almost full speed. The shadow dragon slayer held me by my shoulders just before I could stumble away.

"Easy now", He breathed, straightening me back up.

"Thank you, Rogue." I ghosted a smile his way, but I doubt he saw.

"Lucy-san, are you okay?!" Yukino grabbed me rushingly, but carefully enough not to jolt me roughly.

"Yes...I'm oka...y..." My words become slurred like a drunkard's. The world spins around me, causing me to gasp. I don't know what happened exactly. One second I'm on my feet, and the next I'm on my calves, being supported by mufflely-voiced Yukino.

Blergh....oh no....I think I'm gonna...

I blackout.