Chapter 13

Hey guys, sorry the delay on this chapter, but enjoy!

.

"What's this about, old man?" The stiff Iron Dragon Slayer grunted, crossing his scarred arms. The man narrowed his red eyes at the guild master.

"Ah, well, I suppose you can say I'm trying to discreetly gather information about a case that has recently come up, " Makarov laced his fingers together, smiling nervously, "And you're the only one who can ease my conscious."

"What?" Gajeel raised a pierced brow. "Me?"

Makarov chuckled, "Well, it was either you or Wendy, but I don't want to question the child with these kinds of things."

"All right, spit it out, " Gajeel grunted, plopping in the chair just in front of the large desk Makarov sat behind, "What is it you're wanting." 

Gajeel already was in a crappy mood. Salamander's cat took his cat, apparently needing an "extra hand" for fishing. And Gajeel had just picked out a mission when it happened, and there was no way in hell he'd go on a mission without Lily. Not to mention, all that lovey-dovey crap going on with the dumbass and his fiancee, it made him more grumpy about being single. He wanted to vomit every time those idiots would send flirty innuendoes at each other. It's gotten worse since a month ago.

Suddenly, Makarov conjured a golden, transparent orb, chanting a few foreign words, the orb exploded with bright light and sparkles, which spread throughout the office, attaching themselves to the walls at random, including the door. Then, like "Connect the Dots", the star-like sparkles send a chain reaction of golden webs to one another.

Gajeel raised an eyebrow at Makarov with an unsaid question.

"Forgive me, but this is a private matter, I don't want anyone eavesdropping. Anyhow, I just want to ask: as a dragon slayer, do you sometimes undergo strong, sexual urges? Like, in the past few weeks or even months?" 

Gajeel felt his eye twitch. What was with this old geezer? But, then again, there must've been a reason he was asking these questions. Now that he thought back to it...

"I guess? Metalicana told me some season that happens with dragons, which were passed down to their kids or whatever. Something about, " Gajeel tried to dig his brain for some memories. "Every dragon slayer, or at least the ones who were taught by dragons, has an inner dragon in him or whatever. Once the dragon slayer has passed a certain age, around fifteen or sixteen, they undergo a period of Hunting, this is where the Slayer has to find a mate, and after the guy does, which can't be done overnight, it takes a while, they do a Seizing. It's where the dragon slayer pursues his intended mate. After he does this, they gotta bang each other, 'cuz it's what we dragons do, we breed." 

Makarov rubbed his chin, nodding at this information, "What happens if the dragon slayer doesn't complete this?"

"Nothing, really, or at least nothing bad if you know how to control it",  Gajeel said, shrugging.

"Are you of age?" 

Gajeel looked at Makarov with a piercing look, grimly frowning, "What of it?"

"Have you completed this process?"

Gajeel became tense at the question. He felt unsure if he should answer it or not. Where was the geezer getting at? The man squinted suspiciously at the older man.

"..." Gajeel went to answer, but couldn't find his voice. It was until a whole three minutes of intense staring did he regain it. "No."

"May I ask how come?" 

"The entire reason for the stupid Season is to fuck and mark your mate, get the spouse pregnant and carry on their lives, " Gajeel bit down, "I don't know 'bout you, but I ain't gonna settle down just yet."