Chapter 20

I hope you enjoy! 1198 words, I know it's not a lot, but I became stumped on this one and I'm terribly sorry if it's not to your liking, but I'll try to make it better in the next chapter! 

Two lone figures watched the scene from afar, atop a stone plated roof, watching the battle between the dragon slayers suddenly come to an end by two young women, one of which was their intended target. They had been at this all day, it was almost unnerving. It was very hard to grasp her whereabouts after her vanishing from Magnolia, their Lady was not happy, to say the least.

"Have you found her?"

The cloaked figures glanced at one another before the taller figure takes out a small lacrima mirror. The reflection begins swirling darkly and letting off cold mist as a woman's face appeared. Most of her face was covered by a black lace mask, but you could see her lips. They were tightened with a cruel grin and painted red.

"Yes, Milady." The cloaked figure nodded, looking past the lacrima, back at the beach, only to see their target running from sight.

"Shit, " The shorter figure growled.

"If anything is to happen to our plans, you two will be held personally responsible." The woman's grin twisted into a frown.

The figures flinch ever so slightly. "Yes, Milady."

"Then what are you still doing here?" 

The coldness in her voice was much stronger than any other time. Not wanting to give their Lady any reason to be any more annoyed, the lacrima blanked and was back into the taller figure's cloak.

"Let's get this over with."

"Yeah."

~

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Loke shouted, thrusting his magic engulfed fist at Cobra, who easily countered the attack with his own fist. "You do you know how long it took her to open up to me about it? An entire month after it happened!!" 

"How's that my fault?" Cobra strained against the Lion Spirit.

"Hime-sama has gone through enough, " Virgo suddenly spoke, her voice was cold and she focused her icy glare right at Cobra, making her brother and him stop their near-fierce fight. "I will not allow you or anyone to hurt her." 

If anyone were smart, they'd know not to argue with the maid spirit, especially as she radiated cold rage in the form of the deadliest glare even a strong and fearless warrior would quake just upon being looked at. Virgo was usually nonchalant and helpful toward Lucy and Lucy only, but her emotions showed, and they weren't all that pleasant. 

Loke dropped his fists to his sides grimly. "You're right, Virgo. We need to find Lucy quickly. Watch them for us." The spirit gave a stone-look toward Sting, and then the suddenly appeared Midnight, and Rogue and their Exceeds. Yukino didn't say anything, but she balled her fists against her chest with ghostly expression.

"Uh, yeah!" Sting nodded causing Cobra to scoff rudely.

"Can I go with you? She'll need a friend!" Yukino was sincere.

She didn't know, and if she would have, she could've helped! Supported Lucy and help her through it.

"You stay here until we find her, " Loke said, making Yukino's shoulder slump with disappointment. "Keep an eye on them until then."

"Of course, Loke-san." 

And with that, the two spirits disappeared into a golden light and small magic sparkles.

~

The wave of cruel emotion had washed over me as I rock myself in the furthest stall in the women's bathroom. I was alone. No one was here, and I was engulfed within the deafening silence, for the most part. I could hear the hammering of my heart, hell I could feel how painfully my valves pumped my blood, to and from my most important organ. I hadn't even grabbed my clothes from that merch shop and here I am. Sitting on cold tile floors, locked inside a stall to hide away from anyone who's someone.

It wasn't my fault...it wasn't! It wasn't my fault!

My nails dig into my knees as I repeat those words in my head. How could he say that? I didn't have any control over what he did to me. As much as I tried to fight back, I couldn't...I...

I felt the tears, hot and giant. My lungs squeezed roughly at the sobs wracking around inside. I try to huddle my limbs closer to my center. This bathroom was cold and with me wearing practically nothing, my limbs felt numb. 

"It's not my fault...it's not..." I sob distraughtly.

How could he blame me like this? I'm not at fault, but...why do I feel like I am? It wasn't my idea to move! If he ever found out that Makarov knew, he'd come for me. I don't know why I deserve such punishment. 

What would you do, Mom? I surprise myself with my small prayer of wanting guidance. I should have gone to Erza or...or...or--! No, everyone I know and love would take his side over mine. They grew up with him, it's only reasonable for them to take his side.

I guess Cobra is right...if I had just fought harder against...if I had just done so...we, I, wouldn't be here, in this mess.

Because I value my friends more than my own life, I...allowed Natsu to take advantage of me...and...my dignity was torn from me.

Before I could continue to commiserate, the bathroom door slams open. Not like someone entered peacefully or was in a hurry to use the toilet. I heard the tiled wall crack and shatter with the force of the door. Rough footsteps sounded soon after.

"This place is empty!" 

I was nearly tempted to shoot up from my place and try to escape the seeming intruder of the women's bathroom, but I wasn't just escaping for myself. I have to be careful. Whoever this person was, I could feel their power. It was strong, it was cold, it was dark.

"Check the stalls, " Another voice commanded. This voice was much deeper, older. "I sense her magic." 

Soon enough the stalls were being kicked open. The metal doors slammed against metal. What does that even mean? Sensing my magic? Were these guys...stalking me? My heart beat in a terrified frenzy. I didn't know it was possible. Someone, help me! My plead wasn't answered because they were still there.

"I say we tell Milady we couldn't find her."

Milady? Who's 'Milady?'

A dry chuckle rang out against the plastered walls and porcelain toilet bowls and their metal pipes, "And risk being killed? Have you not any will to live?"

"Screw off, old man! I'm just pullin' yer leg!"

Where these men after...me? No, they couldn't be, I'm not anyone. Unless they want the Heartfilia fortune. If that was the case, then they'd be disappointed because the money disappeared after my father died.

I quickly take out my key pouch. Who should I...? I glance at the toilet bowl. The water was clear, nonetheless, it was the only source of water near me. The stall doors slammed open one at a time, getting closer to the end, where I was.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are, lady, we won't hurt ya...much." 

I bite down on my bottom lip, seeing a pair of black boots slowly stepping in front of my stall door. 

It's now or never! Please don't kill me, Aquarius!

With the swift flick of my hand, I pull out my intended key, plunging my hand into the toilet bowl, much to my dismay. I squeeze my eyes closed hard, praying for the best just as my stall door is kicked off its hinges.

"Open Gate of the Water Bearer! Aquarius!"