Chapter 37

Recap:

"Are you not bothered that Evanora has resurfaced?! You act as if you have no care in the world! She will come after you! She will kill you! Do you have no parry?!"

"You knew! Why...Lucy...Natsu...what! Master, why didn't you say anything?!"

"Loke?"

"Hello again, Makarov; we have some...complications."

Continued---

In a small city, presumably around five hundred years earlier...

A young-looking woman, around her early to mid-twenties, marched the dirt streets, watching the stalls of merchants and farmers selling produce. She hummed lightly, approaching a fruit vendor's stall, eyeing the ripe-looking apples and kiwi and oranges.

"Good' ay, Milady?" The vendor smiles crookedly at the newcomer with his crooked teeth. 

"Aye, good man, " She replied swiftly a dragon's wing. "How much for an apple on the road?"

"Aye, Ma'am, for you, no exchange but a single graze upon my cheek." The older man meekly blushed with his ludic request.

The blonde woman giggled, "Forgive me, Father, but I cannot. Will three golden wedges do?"

The man, clearly crestfallen about the rejection, bounced into a cheery aura once again upon being given the money. The gold softly clinked together in his palm and then being placed away in the pocket of his overalls.

" 'Ave a good day, Madam!" The farmer plucked a large purplish-red apple and handed it over to the beautiful passerby.

"As to you!" The woman bit into the apple as she backtracked, shifting the satchel around to the other shoulder.

The day was high at noon, the sun blanketed by thickened clouds, but there was no sign of rain clouds. There was this breeze that was not too warm nor too cold, it felt very nice against her body. 

She walked many miles, many days and many nights. She couldn't exactly say she knew where she wanted to go, she wandered aimlessly. A mindless adventure that she hoped would never end.

~

The wandering woman stepped onto vast plains of yellow and green, presumably wheat fields or wild grasses. The grass brushes her ankles and dress as she walks toward the middle of the field. It was strange for a person to even do something like this, but she didn't mind at all. She loved the sound of calming nature against serene whisper of wind.

There was a grand willow tree. It's viney limbs curved and made the tree itself seem wider and much grander to the human eye.

All of sudden, the willow's vines are flown into a massive air current of beating wings. And not soon after did a heavy body quake the earth. The woman wasn't alarmed or even frightened. Dragons often wandered closely to villages and cities such as this. Call it a common occurrence. 

"Hello again, Anna!" A colossal red dragon beams with his large sharp teeth.

The blonde woman smiles up at the beast, "Hello, Igneel. How are you today?" 

"Anyway a dragon can be, Anna, " The dragon chortled, puffing out a tiny black cloud of smoke. "My day ought to be great, otherwise I'd burn down that stinkn' village!" 

Anna frowned slightly, "What happened, Igneel?"

"Oh, you know, livin' on these plains ain't easy, especially when a lot of herds go missin'!" Igneel puffed out, seemingly not bothered, but Anna could tell the blame had irritated him.