Chapter 17

This chapter is basically about Lisanna because I wanted you to see some of her for a small change, and I hope you know, Lisanna is not bad in this story, unlike the original version of this, she was a jealous, psychotic woman because I was taking the example of others fanfics about Lisanna. In this, she is sweet, naive, and kind. She thinks of Lucy as a close friend and is genuinely concerned for her. EnJoY~

"This isn't really necessary, Mira-nee..."

"You're my baby sister! Of course, it is! Now, come on out so we can see!" 

The bridal shop was of expensive taste. Beautiful wedding gowns of every style, body type, and color were made here. Mira was excited to help Lisanna pick out a wedding dress. They never really got around to it, Mira and Lisanna focused their minds on planning where and when the ceremony would take place. Picking the 'perfect dress' was overdue.

The red curtain of the dressing room is ripped open. 

Lisanna grabbed the skirt of the strapless wedding dress and etched into the private lobby where Mira, Cana, Wendy, and Erza waited. 

Coes and gasps of amazement filled the air.

"Ooohh! You look beautiful, Sis!"

"You're so pretty!"

"That dress is so befitting to your figure." Erza nodded in approval.

Lisanna patted out the uneven ruffles that were apart of the dress. It was like a white princess dress, it was beautiful, maybe even more. The bust had silvery sparkles in which framed her breasts nicely, she thought so at least. Just below the bust, there was a corset, the back was a lace-up. There wasn't a pattern to describe, it was like a wrap around her belly, a glitter wrap, you could see it every time Lisanna made a little movement. The dress was stunning, she had to agree.

"I...I don't know, " Lisanna frowned, looking at the full body mirror, "How will I know Natsu will even be happy with this one?"

"Does it matter? He'll probably be happy taking it off, though." Cana smirked mischievously, sipping on her wine glass full of red-purple wine.

That little comment caused both Lisanna and Wendy (as she was just a little girl) burn fiercely with embarrassment. 

"I don't want to think about that now!" Lisanna turned away from her friends and sister.

"Oh? Are you nervous to become a missus?" Cana continued her teasing.

"I am, " Lisanna frowned at her reflection, "I just feel like there's something going on with him." 

"You're going to be fine, Lis! It's the cold feet talking, " Mira hopped up and went over to her sister, placing her hands on her shoulders, giving a reassuring squeeze, "I'm sure everything is going to okay. Your wedding will be perfect, I'll make sure of it."

Lisanna was silent for a good solid of three minutes.

"What are you thinking about?" Mira didn't leave her sister's silence left unsaid.

"I'm gonna be honest, Mira, " Lisanna said, almost too quietly, "I think Natsu is hiding something." 

"What?" Erza was the one who spoke out this time. "How do you think?" 

"I don't know for sure, but I feel like he's hiding something. I can see it every time he looks at me, and I...it's almost like he's afraid about me finding it out." The short-haired girl grimly quaked.

"I'm sure it's a big surprise he's got holding in until you guys get hitched!" Cana said, "He's probably gonna go all out if you know what I mean~!" The brunette winked, wiggled her eyebrows, and sipped her wine again.

"Cana!" Wendy whined, flushing deeper than before.

"Eh? Don't worry, Kiddo! I'm sure you and Romeo will be gettin' yourselves swamped soon enough--"

"Cana, enough," Erza bonked her drunkard friend on the back of her head, silencing her before she could ruin Wendy's poor mind, not that it's so innocent from all the times Cana blabbered off inappropriately.

"Boo! Spoilsport! Boo!" Cana dismayed.

"Anyway, " Erza returned her attention to the sisters, "I'm sure it's nothing, but if you feel so deeply about it, just ask Natsu yourself. He's not exactly a closed book."

The others nodded in agreement.

"But, I can't help but feel what I'm doing is wrong..." Lisanna's spirit crumpled into small paper balls. 

It wasn't only her gut saying something was off, but her animal magic was too, her instincts were screaming "bad news, bad news!". She probably was just getting cold feet like Mira said she was. Natsu was an open book, and he never really kept secrets, but when he got attacked by Loke, that didn't help her emotions at all, it built doubt and confusion within her. Sigh. He was her fiancee, for crying out loud! He loves me as much as I love him, Lisanna told herself. She wanted to believe it, and she did so with a passion. She didn't want her negative feelings or thoughts affect her engagement with Natsu, after all, she's been dreaming of their wedding day since they were children.

"Wrong? You're getting married! Your bachelorette hood is coming to an end, of course, you're gonna feel off at first!" Cana solaced before downing the rest of her wine.

"Cana is right, Lisanna, you don't need to worry about a thing, it's just your conscious jumbling into a nervous wreck." Mira smiled softly at her sister.

Lisanna didn't want to make a big deal out of her feelings, so she forced the brightest smile she could possibly muster and decided to play along, "You're right! I shouldn't worry! Assistant!" The white-haired woman called for the dress helper.

A slim woman with ashy pink hair entered the private area, with a helpful smile, "How may I assist you today, Miss?" She had a name tag on her left breast pocket that read, Gwynn.

"Do you have any dresses with elbow-length sleeves that are lacey?" 

Humming, "I will check, Miss." Bowing, the woman made her way into the closet of various wedding dresses.

"That's the spirit, Chica!" Cana praised, somehow magically having her wine glass full with red wine again. 

"What do you say about giving us spin?" Mira gestured for Lisanna to twirl in the dress before she would take it off to try on another dress.

Chuckling, Lisanna obliged to her sister's suggestion, stepping onto the bridal stool, allowing the skirt of the gown to flow freely with no obstacles in the ruffles way.

.

The morning ended at the bridal store and with Lisanna still unable to choose her wedding dress, so Mira arranged an appointment with a tailor a month or two closer to the actual wedding.

Lisanna knew that she said she'd go along with her sister's and everyone's plans, but she couldn't help but shake the gut-wrenching bile and doubt inside.

No else seemed to listen to her.

She will just voice her thoughts to her fiancee and get the answers she deserves and want.

And she will be as stubborn as a mule until she gets them.