Chapter 22

Enjoy the chapter, I hope you like it! :) word count: 1856

"Get out, stupid humans!!"

Irritation growled out rather harshly. Who...?

"Now, now, Porlyusica, I'm technically not human!" Loke?

"I don't care, you stupid spirit! Out, out, OUT!"

It was until I heard a door slam did I actually stir awake completely. Opening my eyes, I make contact with a wooden ceiling. It was familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on it...wait. Porlyuscia? Loke? Damn. I really need to learn how to not be slow, her name was said seconds ago.

"You're awake, " The pink-haired woman said, cognizant. "How do you feel?"

I pull myself up into a sitting position, being weighed down by serious fatigue. "Weak." I nimbly answer her.

"I would assume so, " Porlyusica said, coming up to me with a vial of green liquid, "Summoning two Celestial Spirits will weaken your magic as well as physically." She gave me the vial, "Take this, it will help with regaining your magic and strength."

I take the vial from her outstretched hand, bringing it to my face, barely catching a whiff of the rancid aroma steaming out of it. My face scrunches up in disgust, "Ewe."

"It may smell unpleasant, but it'll help. Just drink it." The older woman sat on a wooden stool nearby. "I was rather...puzzled seeing those youngsters banging on my door, asking for my help with you unconscious. Their explanations were so jumbled and damned annoying."

I pinch my nose, tilting my head back to just enough to gulp down the serum. The taste was just as rancid as the smell and I almost barfed it back up, but I forced it back down.

"Yuck!" I blew out a big breath, handing the vial back to Porlyusica.

"Tell me, do you feel any discomfort, abdominal pain, fever, headache, pressure, nausea, or mild aches?" She listed, observing me and my slug-like movements.

"Uh, " I wrack my brain, focusing on my body for any pain of the sorts, "Now that you mention it, I guess I feel a little sick, but I think it's because of that medicine you gave me." I run my hands through my hair as it lay on my shoulders.

"That's good, " She sighed before jumping to her feet, "What the hell were you thinking?! Summoning two Zodiacs? Do have a death wish, Girl?!" She balled her fists at her sides.

I stare at her, surprised at her outburst, "It's okay, Porlyusica, I've summoned two before--"

"I'm not sure you understand the consequences of using magic summon while with child, " The woman cut me off, "Your child feeds off your magic, for the time being, it is tied to it. By summoning your spirits, you are risking your baby's life."

"What?" My voice immediately cracks. My heart sinks with guilt. 

"And because of this, I'm grounding you." 

"Grounding me? From what?" I spew in confusion, the information she gave still sinking in, but ever so slowly.

"You will not use magic until I deem the child safe!" Porlyusica says, narrowing her eyes at me.

"I can't just not use magic! It's apart of me! How will I protect myself if those guys come back?" 

"Did I stutter?"

"No, but--"

"I believe your friends will protect you. I've grounded you already. And I'll inform Makarov and that Lion of this as well. If I so much as hear you've used magic, I'll take your keys until you've carried out your pregnancy." The woman was rather blunt and harsh about saying her thoughts.