Chapter 52

I'm sorry I haven't updated lately. As you may know, everything has been hectic with that virus and whatnot. So, I hope this chapter is as kick as the last fifty-odd chapters.

"WATCH OUT!"

"What the hell is wrong with you two?!" 

"U-um...Y—guys can stay with me."

"Son of Igneel, we are going to have a little chat." 

~

Natsu stares pensively at the woman before him. Body tense and ready to brawl, now that she nullified his magic, he wasn't afraid of mono on mono, even with a woman.

He kept his fists clenched and ready.

"You needn't be so tense, young man. I am not here to bring you harm." The woman frowned.

"Yeah right! Why would I believe you?!" Natsu spat hostilely, eyes steadily trained on the purple-haired woman.

"Considering I have not attempted to do so should have convinced you." The woman stepped forward.

Natsu wanted to back away, but his legs were stiff; frozen to the place he stands. He couldn't understand what had gripped his body.

Barking out soft, cruel giggles, "Ah, well, it would not be an attempt. If I had wished you dead, you would be."

"What do you want then?  An autograph?" Natsu sneered at her despite the ominosity in her cold glower.

"Oh, you do have that fiery tongue. Your attitude is all Igneel." Her eyes narrow dangerously before she flits her hands together in front of her, swiftly gliding in a circular motion.  "Fret not, Prince. I approach to discuss an important matter at hand."

Natsu doesn't say anything. What'd this creepy lady want? He swore her patience was ticking into murder. His eyes train on her form as she vultures around him. Heart pounding so harshly and frantically, he thought it'd pop from his chest.

"That is?" Came to his voice finally, all hoarse and dry.

"Lucy Heartfilia." 

The Dragon Slayer blanched. Lucy? How'd this hag know her? A flurry of buried emotions swirls throughout his body heatedly. The aching in his canines triggered a hardened memory. 

He could taste Lucy's blood on his tongue. Her sweet metallic blood made him yearn for another taste. The aching sensation quickly flames that hunger, the desire. Eventually, it pooled in his groin. The monster within scraped the surface of its cage, yowling to be set free. It wanted her. Wanted to bask in her presence. To see her. To feel her. If only...

"A month or four ago, you found yourself...overwhelmed with a powerful compulsion, " How did she know this? "You only shook yourself back into reality after you had done away with the Heartfilia girl."

Gulping dryly, Natsu sweat profusely. He didn't want to, he had kept telling himself. Taking advantage of Lucy...hurting her the way he did...he knew it was wrong. It affected him terribly, but this...this—the creature inside him was and is very difficult to control. He battles with it constantly, only to be burned from the inside out. The monster enjoyed Lucy's pain. How she trembled in his hands. 

Natsu couldn't be any more disgusted and horrified with himself. He knew Lisanna was right; Loke was right. 

He was evil.

He supposed it was the man in him that refused to openly accept the fact of misdoings. 

Natsu glowers at the woman, fists tightening. His teeth pierced the insides of his lip as he clenched his jaw.