Chapter 23

eNjOy~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Fools!"

Two bodies were thrown across a dimly lit hall by an invisible force. Each man smacked into either side of the hall, both grunting out in seized pain making contact against the cold and rocky surfaces. The impact of their toss caused a short tremor throughout the walls, some rocks and dust falling loose from the ceiling.

"You've failed me!" A woman heaved in front of her black throne.

She was pissed, to say the least. She released her rage with elegance and poise. In her velvety, insubstantial dress that parted on the sides, at each hip, her long and ghostly legs exposed to her subordinates. Don't mistake them. They dare not to make whistles at their Lady. With her power, she could take down a single continent with no sweat to her brow.

"Fo-forgive us, Milady, " The older man grunted, peeling himself up onto a bended knee, a hand pressed onto the cold floor, bowing his head in respect of his leader, "We had powerful interference with our catch."

The woman frowned deeply, her eyes switching sights onto the other man, "Speak, Taft." The tone of her demand could give the most expertise Ice Mages terrified chills.

"H-hai, Milady! We had cornered her in a public bathroom, and she called out two of her Zodiacs, and she destroyed most of our cover with a water spirit. And then Grimm yanked her into his shadow, and then one of her friends intercepted Grimm's magic with his own. He was a Dragon Slayer, Milady." The man, Taft, tilted his head up just enough to meet eyes with his superior. 

"Dragon Slayer?" The woman mused, a cruel smirk gracing her lips. "What a world we live in!" 

The men kneeling felt the atmosphere intensified before they felt the heat of their Lady's magic. They lower themselves, to prevent themselves from being sent into the walls again.

 "Milady...?"

"Damn that Heartfilia wench!" The woman burst out, releasing a powerful ring of black smoke that faded into neon lightning. She seethed with a loud, animalistic growl, "She must have shoved the last dragon heirs into Eclipse before she nearly finished me off."

The woman held a slender hand, her nails inky and sleek. She caresses her chin with two fingers. 

"H-how may we redeem ourselves, Milady?"

The woman dismissed the men with the flick of her wrist. "Leave me for now, Ivory will fetch you if needed, in the meantime, make yourselves useful with chores."

Taft and Grimm scrambled to their feet, bowing as they tracked backward, disappearing out of the entrance. They didn't want any more reason to be the source of their Lady's anger. 

Once the men were out of sight, the woman sat on the edge of her throne's seat, breathing in and out sharply, attempting to hold her emotions at bay, she wasn't keen on destroying everything built for five centuries. She's grown too powerful and controlling her emotions is a downfall she loathes to admit.

"Would you like for me to finish their failed task, Mother?" A slim woman dressed black knee-high heeled boots, with the same color slacks tucked into the shoes, a short skirt over the pants. Her top was cropped, the back had corset ties and front laced, holding the bust together, she had dark lavender hair, styled short and simple, it was easier to do away with her assignments quicker that way. Overall of her abnormal outfit, her black trench coat was most intriguing. It was plain, but the symbol that covered the shoulder to waistline was the insignia of the dark occult, The Father.

"It seems our prey is a crafty brat, just like her ancestor was." The woman curled her right hand into a tight fist, her knuckles cracking with the force of the clench.