I don't know what I will do- ch.3

A few days later 

        Surgery is scary for most people. You hear all the details on the procedure, but with that comes a few risks. For the person going under the knife that is scary, but the ones that are impacted the most are the ones waiting behind. For firefighter it's like going into a fire. You know what will happen in a fire. There will be smoke and flames, but what the fire will do is one of the most unpredictable things. The same thing can be said about the human body. You just have to wait, hope, and see. 

        I waited in the waiting room. Lucas's sister had to go back to work. My mind wandered 

         I hugged Jennifer " I will call you the second I know how it went..." She hugged me tight          " thank you Victoria.... and I just have to say I'm sorry for lashing at you when Luke was first brought in..." I looked at her  " I get it..." She looked at me " it's just Luke is all I have left so I'm a little protective over him..." I looked at her " I'm glad he has someone else looking out for him..." She looked at me " he has you. I've always been skeptical over his wives but your one of the good ones I truly know that. and  I know you will take care of him." I hugged her.

        I looked up at the clock. Not much time has passed. All the Seattle firefighters filled the waiting room. Some I knew, others I didn't. I looked at Travis sitting next to me " this is too much..." He looked at me " you wanna get some air...." I sat here " no... no I can't leave but the whole Seattle fire department can." Travis looked at me " ok...." He got up and talked to Sullivan away from me. Their words muffled " its too much for her Captain..." Sullivan nodded " ok everyone I know were all worried for the Chief, but let's clear out. We have work to do." Another captain yelled out " you heard him let's clear out!" 

         Travis looked at Sullivan as he stated to clear the room " is it ok if I stay back.... Vic needs me." Sullivan nodded " Keep us updated Montgomery." He nodded " will do sir." 

Hours passed and it felt like days. Travis looked at me, holding my hand " he'll be ok I'm sure we will know more soon." I looked at him " I thought I was going to loose him.... I've never felt like this before. that's the love of my life in there... and if he's not ok then I don't know what I will do..." 

Dr. Pierce came into the waiting room. I looked at her " how did he do?" She looked at me " he did great..." I was relived " thank god... thank you! your a medical goddess truly!" She smiled " he isn't awake yet... but he should be awake soon so I can take you to sit with him if you'd like..." I looked at Trav. He looked at me " go go! ... I'll be here."