rush - chapter 27

Luke's pov 

This is anyone's worst nightmare. It's never a good day knowing that the person you love might be In danger or hurt with no coming back. It's a firefighters worst nightmare because we know the loss and was we could lose. We know the dangers. 

I rushed there. I saw Travis standing there " Montgomery" He turned around " she's In there... they kicked me out" I looked at him " what happened?" His eyes got teary. I looked at him " just tell me.... breathe it's ok." Travis looked at me, still teary eyed " we were transporting a patient here and Vic was in the back. The patient attacked her. was was Vic pregnant?" 

I thought about it, I was in my own mind. (flashback!) 

Vic looked at me " I think.." I looked at her " what are you thinking...?" She smiled " this is too soon and we talked about this. but.... I think I'm pregnant" I looked at her, I smiled a little " you are!" She looked at me " I think I might be..." I looked at her " well that's great!" She looked at me " your happy!" I smiled " of course I'm happy... I know this a lot sooner than we expected.... your not happy." She looked at me " I'm not not happy... it's just unexpected" 

She took the test. 

We waited and waited. 

until it was revealed 

" I'm pregnant!" 

I smiled " I can't wait to tell Jennifer she'll be so happy." Vic looked at me " let's wait until we go to the doctor and then we can tell everyone in person...." I kissed her " I can't wait." 

I looked at Travis " we just found out.... vic wanted to wait until we went to the doctor so we could tell everyone in person" He looked at me " how long?" I looked at him " early like 6 weeks or so I think..." 

I thought about it " do we know how the baby is?" Travis shook his head " they haven't come out to tell us anything yet." 

I Went up the nurses station " yes I'm Victoria Hughes husband can I please have an update can someone please come out here and talk to me. please tell me how my wife is"