The greatest things can happen- ch. 52

TRY

That's what you have to do. You have to put in the effort if you want it. The job, the relationship. Sometimes that doesn't work. Sometimes it's just faith or luck. Somethings don't take effort. 

The one thing you can have is hope. With all the hope you have, the greatest things can happen. 

Luke sat on the edge of the bed with me holding the test " what does it say?" I looked at him " not pregnant" He kissed my head " next time..." I looked at him " we've been trying for months... and nothing" He looked at me " were gonna have a baby... it might just take time." I looked at him " I know I just want it bad..." 

He looked at me " everything will fall into place" I looked at him " so maybe we just have to try but not try" Luke smirked and kissed me " that's the spirit.. i gotta go to work" 

months 

and

 months pass 

I felt like something was wrong. My stomach was in knots. I've never felt like this. 

I grabbed a pregnancy test from the bottom of the cabinet. It blinked and every thought I had fluttered in my brain. 

This could be it, but I couldn't get excited. It wasn't allowed. If I got excited it might not happen. I sat on the bed. I flipped the test over " pregnant.." 

The door opened " Hello Vic"

 I stood in the door way of the bedroom " Luke!" He looked at me " what's wrong?" 

I held up the test, saying nothing. He looked shocked " you took a... what does it say?" I cried " i'm... i'm pregnant!"

 He held me close and tight " were gonna have a baby" I smiled while I was still crying " were gonna have a baby"