better- ch.42

Trauma it never leaves. Life goes on. Life gets better. You get better. The trauma of it all never goes away fully though. You can do all what you want but it still lives in you. That's ok. It's just knowing how to cope. We all learn that. 

Luke and I went to our place for breakfast. Cam saw us " I haven't seen you guys in here in a while." I smiled " yeah we've been busy" He nodded " oh yeah" 

We ordered

Behind us was a couple with a cute baby. I looked at Luke. He asked " how was work?" I looked at him and I wanted to be here, but I wasn't. 

My eyes wandered to the baby. It made me think that if we didn't loose our baby i would be like 5 months along maybe 6 months. Luke looked at me " you ok babe" I looked at him " i'm done... i'm gonna go get some air and go to the car." He nodded " ok i'll pay" 

He got cam over to the table and paid. He looked at him " is everything ok man" I looked at him " she's... she's just going through a hard time.." He looked at me " sorry" He looked at Cam " we lost a child and things have been better it's been months but seeing a baby reminds her of the one we lost. we didn't even get to see our baby on an ultrasound." He looked at Luke " that sucks man..." 

Luke got in the car " let's go home..."