waiting game- ch.29

Waiting felt like I was hurting. I just wanted to know she was ok. I wanted to be with her. I can't imagine any bit of my life without her. 

I looked at Travis, he was a mess. He had tears running down his face. I Lended out my hand. I knew he needed some comfort in a moment like this. I looked at him " do the others know your here..." He looked at me " no" I looked at him " you should call them.... their gonna need to put the A Cart out of service." He looked at me " I don't know if I can..." I looked at him " Travis she's gonna be ok. Vic is a fighter!" He looked at me " I know. it's just hard. I feel like this is all my fault... I should of been the one back there" I looked at him " don't do that to yourself. you know what I'll call." He looked at me " thank you!" 

I stepped away for a moment. 

I called Captain Sullivan " Sully it's me" He cleared his throat " Luke" I cleared my throat " listen I'm here with Montgomery..." He asked "why?" I spoke, but my voice cracked " it's Vic... she she was in an accident and she's in surgery I think she'll be ok but you have to take A cart out of service." He spoke " is she ok? what happened?" I spoke " I guess a patient attacked her and it was bad. she has internal bleeding and it's been hard on her." He spoke " well we'll be right there to lend our support..." I thought about it " that's ok..." Sully didn't want to argue " were coming down... and no isn't an option"