i'm not ready- ch.36

There were few times where I wasn't ready. As a firefighter we never want those days off even with the flu your still aching to go to work. We love what we do and otherwise we can't live without it. It's not just the job, were a family. 

Luke kissed me " you gotta get ready for work..." I rolled over huddling close the covers " i'm not going in..." He looked at me " your doctors cleared you. it's ok." I huddled some more " well i'm not going in today... not now" He kissed me " ok...." 

He had to make a stop by 19. 

Everyone was in the beanery eating breakfast. Travis looked at me as I walked in "Chief I thought Vic was cleared to come back today..." I nodded " she was" Travis looked at me weird " is she coming....?" Maya questioned " is everything ok..?"

He looked at all their worried, questioning faces " she is fine. she's not coming back today." Travis looked at me " is she ok?"  He looked at them " she's doing ok.... excuse me I have to talk to Captain Sullivan about a matter." 

He knocked and went into Sullivans office. Sullivan looked at Luke " Luke.... is everything ok?" Luke shurgged " no... no everything actually isn't ok." Sully looked at him " what is it?" He looked at him " Vic isn't ok. She didn't want to come in today.... something is up with my wife. I know what it is.... i know it's hard. it's the baby and loosing the baby. it's taken a toll on her." Sullivan looked at me " you both lost a baby but with her you gotta realize that she had that baby inside her so for her she felt that and she had to deal with that pain in a different way." 

Luke looked at him " I know I just want to help" Sullivan lended out a hand " just be there..."