well then it's settled- ch.4

Waiting is a hard game to play. It's not boredom that fills you it's the fear. It's the fear that whoever you are waiting for might not wake up, might not speak again, or might not even open their eyes again. That is the fear you have to deal with every time you walk out the door, and go on that call. Sometimes it's not that simple. Sometimes the tragedy hits outside the fire station and not on a call. Those are the scariest days. 

        I sat here in fear. I knew he would wake up, but then I didn't. In the past few days so much fear hit me. I worried that Luke would die. Everything was unknown and unexpected. I hoped he wanted me in that moment at the diner. I didn't know what him not showing up meant. I'm sitting here looking at him. He looks peaceful and happy. I just hoped this wasn't our beginning ending. 

        I held his hand " Luke you gotta wake up... this is our life starting no more secrets. were gonna get married and live our lives out loud together. don't you dare leave me..." He opened his eyes without me noticing " I wont..." I looked up at him, with tears in my eyes " your awake!" He laughed softly " I'm awake" I kissed him " surgery went well.... a week in the hospital and then were gonna go home..." Luke looked at me " home..." I smiled " yeah I know we were sleeping at my place I mean I can bring you to you apartment..." He looked at me " Vic your my Fiancée I want to be with you everyday , every night." I kissed him " well then it's settled"