ONE|PLAYING IT COOL

"Please dad, I promise I'll be back before 1am. I for real promise, it's only a small get together" Armani begged her father as he moved throughout his kitchen. He was focused on the task at hand, chopping tomatoes for the dinner he was making, as Armani followed behind him with each step he made.

"Armani, if you don't get the hell out of my face with that innocent shit" Big Muh told his daughter, "Last time I gave you my car you came in at 7am and you made Shonda late to work"

"Fuck that bitch" Armani mumbled underneath her breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing" Armani said plopping down at the kitchen table, defeated.

Just when she was getting ready to start up another plea, her brother Ron came strolling into the kitchen with his car keys in his hand.

"Hey bro" She perked up, eyeing his car keys more than anything else.

"Nope" Ron said before she could even ask, as he grabbed a soda out the fridge and kept it pushing.
Armani sucked her teeth, rising from her seat and trailing close on his heels.

"No what?" She acted clueless, "I was just saying Hi...how long are ya'll staying?"

Entering the living room, she witnessed her other brother Nico and their friend K-dot sitting on her dad's couch. They were setting up the X-box, so that told her they would definitely be staying for a while. While they both had their own cribs to go to, Big Muh's house was the place to be for the entertainment system and the good food, causing his kids to always come there before even going home.

"We're staying until we leave" Ron responded being a smart ass.

"Well then..can I borrow your car?" She asked desperately.

Ron laughed out loud, as if to say in your dreams causing Armani to roll her eyes.

"Where ya lil ass tryna go, its getting dark out" K-Dot said looking over to Armani.

"To mind my business" which was her favorite response.

"Just for that, you can't see my car" he smirked deviously.

Her eyes widened, and she raised up from her slouched position, "Oh no K-Dot don't do that. Come on bro, you know you're my favorite"
Although he wasn't technically her brother, the two had known each other for years through her real brother Nico, and she considered K-Dot family. At twenty three, he was only a tad bit older than her as she had just turned twenty, but  he treated her like a little sister.

"Bro give her your car if you want, yo ass gonna be here til the morning" Nico joked, his eyes trained to the madden on the screen.

"Real rap" Ron laughed.

"Ya'll are some haters. K-dot, keys please" Armani smiled innocently, standing to her feet.

K-Dot pulled the set out of his pocket, dangling them above her open hand, "No niggas in my shit"

She nodded, although she couldn't make any promises. K-Dot dropped them in her palm, and she dashed out the door before he could change his mind. Checking her phone, she read the time as 8pm, and she knew she had a good three hours before K-Dot started to blow her shit up. With that, she knew she had to go straight to pick up her girlfriend Sequoia. She spotted K-Dot's dark blue Camaro in the drive way, and she was satisfied in what she would be pushing for the night. She also knew she had to be careful, because K-Dot's car was his baby.

She hopped in and started the car, only for Kur to immediately start blasting through the speakers. She turned it down only a tad bit, because if she had to be honest she enjoyed pushing a whip with hood music, because it made her feel like a boss bitch.