THIRTY TWO|PAST VS FUTURE

ARMANI

     "Alright girl, how do you like it?" Armani asked, as she turned Ley around to check out her new look in the mirror.

"I love it, I officially start my new job tomorrow and this says, boss bitch" Marley said feeling refreshed.

Armani giggled, and was glad that she liked the blunt cut bob. After much thought Marley finally went with the short haircut, mainly because she wanted a new style for her job. She was lucky to have charmed the boss with enough sass to get him to hire a woman with little to no experience, and part of her was aware that it had a lot to do with the way she looked. The man couldn't keep his eyes off of her, and she knew he'd love to see her the first thing in the morning if need be, although he would never get a chance with the young beauty. Marley was grateful for the chance, and was determined to actually do her job well.

"I'm happy for you, new year, new things mamas" Armani smiled.

She began to clean up her area, while Marley continued to look at herself in the mirror. While she didn't necessarily have her license nor was she enrolled in school yet, Tracy, the owner of the shop allowed her to do a few heads here and there when she was short on hairstylists. Armani was a shop favorite as well, as most girls who even got a glimpse of her trendy hairstyles wanted to sit in her chair. Tracy knew it was a risky business move, but she would also be a fool to turn away such a demand.

"So, what you doing after work?" Her best friend asked after finally getting out of the mirror.

Armani twisted her mouth and followed up with a slight eye roll, "It's Kay's birthday. We're going out to eat I think"

"Oop, I know you did not just roll your eyes. Don't try to play my friend, I like K-Dot"

"Girl and I love him, he's just stressing me out" Armani responded pushing her hair back. 

"Bitch, let me guess. You still giving him a hard time about Camden?" Marley guessed.

"Me? You mean him. He won't let this thing go with Deek. Remind you I haven't seen that boy since after graduation. And it's been a whole week and some change since we've been back and he's still acting funny towards me"

"Well, maybe you should just keep it real with em. Clearly you're hiding something, yo big mouth ass ain't even say shit to me"

Armani scrunched her brows at the lowkey insult, whereas Marley kept her stone expression. Armani ran to her for everything, so the fact that she hadn't even talked about their visit in Jersey told her it had to be deep. Still, she wouldn't force her friend to tell her anything she didn't want to, but she definitely wanted the tea.

"It's just...not that simple. And everything has been going so well I just don't want to ruin it with the past. Like why can't he just get over it already?"
Armani said becoming irritated all over again.

"I don't know girl, but my man is outside" Marley raised from the salon chair, "My advice, take this birthday opportunity to get his mind off of Jersey and onto you. And when you're ready, tell him"

Armani nodded as she began to walk Marley out of the shop door, deciding to say hi to her brother since she hadn't seen him in a short while. She wasn't sure what she was going to do about K-Dot, but for now she would have to do Marley's plan. Spotting Ron's black Range, the two sauntered over to see Ron and Micah bobbing their heads to some new Lil Durk. Micah sat in the front seat, and felt too official in the expensive car.

"Ron, I told you his little ass can not sit in the front" Marley shook her head as she opened the passenger side.

"It was only around the corner, I can't have my right hand sitting in the back" Ron chuckled, gesturing towards Micah.