NINETEEN|LOVE HAS LIMITS

ARMANI

        "I just..I just can't believe that he's been playing me like this" Armani hiccuped, her eyes pouring as she could barely get her words out. While she thought being weak wasn't an option, it was the only feeling she felt at the moment.

"Aw, my poor baby" Ley cooed putting Armani's head on her shoulder, "Fuck him girl, I'm telling you these niggas are not worth it"

"But he was worth it, Ley. He was so worth it" Armani cried, "I just don't know what I did wrong"

"Uh-un, no you won't" Ley said picking Armani's head up, "Don't do that. Don't blame yourself for a man's faults, that has nothing to do with you"

"Why else would he tell her that?" Armani whined, her eyes wide and red, "He said he hated her, hell everybody hates her"

"Who knows why men do what they do. But you know what I've learned?"

"What?" Armani sniffled.

  "That some people...have limits. They can only love to a certain extent, because that's all they have. Women, we love hard because we have so much to give. I don't even know where we dig it up from, it's like God made us with just a little bit more patience, more care, more love. And while men can love too, it just isn't the same. We're expected to heal them, build them up, and we wind up losing ourselves along the process" Ley  brushed Armani's hair back with her fingers as the two laid cuddled on the couch, "But me and you, we're different. Fierce, and strong, we will fight the world before we allow anyone to win. I can tell that about you. You'll be okay Mani, but you can't let him or anybody else, take away you, from you"

Armani smiled, and had to admit she felt better. While she was still sad, she knew she would have to just get over it like every other heartbreak. She had done it before, she could do it again. She lifted her head, and Ley helped her wipe her tears. The two shared a laugh, and Ley hopped up from the couch.

"I know what you need" she said grabbing the dutch off the counter, "A good blow downnn"

She lit the L and let the smoke ooze out of her nose, "We gotta hurry and smoke this though, you know Ron is a square"

Armani snickered, "As a fucking box. How are ya'll anyway...I'm happy to see someone's relationship is going well"

"Good, so far" Ley said passing the el, "Oh, apparently he ran into his ex at the market. She was cute or whateva. Bitch was looking at him like damn I lost a good thing"

"Who Kiya?" Armani said quickly remembering her brother's summer fling, "Girl, don't worry about her. She got a kid, and Ron is frightened of kids.
Although he does spoil the hell out of Fate"

"Well thanks for telling me that, you just reminded me to make my appointment for my birth control" Ley said going into the other room to retrieve her phone.

Armani laughed as she continued to smoke the el, enjoying the feeling as it began to soothe  her current heartache. She reached into her bag to check her phone, only to see that K-Dot had been blowing her up non stop. Along with ten missed calls, he was sending text after text. She rolled her eyes and put the phone down on its face.

"Alright, so instead of going out Friday...I was thinking maybe tonight?" Lea said strolling back into the living room a few minutes later, "My girl is hosting at The playhouse, we can get in for free. It's time for you to shake that nigga off"

"Yeah, we can do that" Armani said starting to feel herself, "Definitely"

"Alright, help me pick out something in the bedroom and we can probably find you something too" Ley said gesturing her towards the hallway. Armani put the el out, making sure to discard it before following behind Ley. She had to admit she was actually excited to step out that night, because feeling down was just not for her. She was ready to reinvent herself, and this time she wouldn't be falling in love.