THIRTY FOUR | NEW LIFE

MARLEY

       "So, all you have to do is give me the money and we can handle it. Or we can go half it doesn't matter" Marley finished her sentence, as if she didn't just drop a bomb on Ron.

"What?" He retorted, looking at her like she was crazy, "You just gon abort my kid just like that?"

"Seriously? You don't even like kids Ron" Marley shook her head, "And we don't even know each other"

"Now you don't know me?" Ron chuckled with a hint of pain, "If you don't know me why let me fuck without a condom? This shit ain't just my fault"

"It is actually" Marley shrugged, "I told you last month that I wasn't on birth control, and you still did what you wanted to do. You didn't give a shit about what I wanted"

Ron definitely remembered the time she was referring to, and just hung his head low. For once, K-Dot was right and he didn't know how to feel about the news. He was a grown ass man, so it wasn't like he had anyone to be afraid of. And sure, him and Marley were a new couple but that didn't mean he wouldn't take care of his.

"Alright" Ron said calming down, "I fucked up, but that don't mean I want you to get rid of it. It's mine too"

Marley pushed her hair back and began to pace back and forth, completely frustrated that Ron wasn't cooperating with her plan.

"Ron, I can't have a baby. I live with my mom, I just started my job, I'm just not ready. I can't, we can't"
Ron clinched his jaw as Marley continued to panic, and had to stop himself from getting angry at how selfish she was acting.

"Well I'm not giving you the money" he shrugged, his nose flaring.

Marley stopped in her tracks and squinted her eyes, "Are you serious?"

"As a fucking heart attack" he said stone faced.

"Fine, I'll just pay for it myself"

She turned away believing the conversation was over however Ron pulled her back. He wasn't done just that easy,
"What are you so afraid of? I told you I'm not going anywhere!" He plead his case, "Is that what it is, you think I'ma leave you?"

Marley didn't respond right away, because honestly she didn't know what she was afraid of. She loved kids, however she was only in her early twenties and had none of her life figured out. She refused to just be another baby mother, and while she had much respect for single mothers she didn't want to be one. While Ron showed interest in her, relationships always changed, people always changed. It was all too risky.

"Yes, no, it's a lot of things" she said not completely sure, "The point is we're not ready"

"No, you're not ready. So you're making the decision for me"

"Ron, I love you but ~"

"You don't love me" Ron interjected, standing up from his seat, "You don't know me remember?"

"That's not what I meant. I meant, this is all new to us. And a baby could ruin it. I don't even have my life together Ron, only you. I'm supposed to just count on you my whole life?"

"I'm not asking you to do that. Just to give me the chance to decide, think about it at least. You might change your mind"

"I won't, Ron" Marley said adamant.

"Fine" he shrugged, "Leave"

Marley eyes widened, "What?"

"You heard me? Get the fuck out" he didn't hesitate to say it again, and Marley had never heard him so cold. He gestured towards the door, and tears immediately choked her up.