THIRTY ONE|BABYSITTING

ARMANI

           Armani sat up staring at the ceiling, the alarm clock on K-Dot's side of the bed showing it to be 2am. While he was knocked out, for the life of her she couldn't find it in her to drift off to sleep. Deciding to get a glass of water or even a midnight snack, she lifted from the bed and headed downstairs. As always the house was silent and still, the only one living there besides her mother being two small dogs.

Once she entered the spacious kitchen, she grabbed a cup from one of the cupboards and poured her some ice water from the fridge door. She took a seat at the glass table, and decided to scroll through her messages while she sat in silence. Only a few moments passed, and she began to hear a knocking at the kitchen door; only to feel the same queasy feeling she felt at the restaurant. She now regretted coming downstairs, because she should've known that after seeing her, Deek would do everything in his power to follow her. She got up and went to go back upstairs, when he began to shout after her.

"Talk to me Rocky, please. I'm not leaving until you do"

She gave him a death stare, but even that wasn't enough to move him. It never was. She rolled her eyes, and knew she had to get him out of there before he got both of them hurt.

"What do you want?" She hissed, only slightly cracking open the door.

"To talk to you" he responded, his eyes roaming the little bit of her that he could see.
She scolded him, hating the fact that he wouldn't go away.

"About?" She led him to continue.

"You. I-I mean how shit happened last time I saw you. We were having a good time, I didn't expect them to take it that far"

"I don't know what you're talking about, you need to leave" Armani replied, pushing her hair behind her ear, "We broke up years ago, I moved on"

"I can see that" he chuckled harshly, his slanted eyes low telling her he was high.

She stared at him as silence loomed over them, and wondered what did she ever see in the dark skin man. He was only a few inches taller than her, with a big head both literally and figuratively. His skin wasn't as smooth as it used to be, instead it was flushed and his eyes sunken, and now that she had a chance to actually look at him she could see how much he physically changed. Besides that, he was holding onto something that happened two years ago and Armani had been way past that.

"Is there anything else, that you wanted to say?" She asked, ready to close the door.

"Can I call you sometime?"

Armani looked at him like he was crazy, and before she could respond the kitchen light flicked on. She hoped it was her mom, but just by the foot steps she could tell it wasn't.

"Who you talking to?" K-Dot yawned as he opened the fridge, "Ya mom got you taking them dogs out this late?"

Armani's face read guilty, and she quickly shut the door.

"Really? So no answer!?" Deek yelled through the door.

K-Dot scrunched his brows, immediately putting his attention on the backyard. He didn't even have to ask who it was, as the look on her face told him before she could.

"You playin wit me" he chuckled, trying to hide his obvious anger and confusion.

"He just showed up, I've been trying to get rid of him" Armani explained quickly, and K-Dot began to move past her.

"Move"

"My bad, she told me she would be home alone" Deek smirked sneakily once K-Dot was at the door.