THIRTY EIGHT | DOUBLE TROUBLE

K-DOT

"I think that's all of it" K-Dot said in an exhausted breath as he sat down the last moving box into Armani's new apartment.

"Good, because I am tired" she plopped down onto her all white sectional couch, and K-Dot playfully rolled his eyes.

"You ain't do shit" he laughed, sitting next to her and placing her legs in his lap.

"I did, and now I'm starving. What time does Nico's cookout start again?"

K-Dot glanced at his phone to check the time, "At three, so we should get going. We can unpack later. And he texted me to pick up foil"

"Why do we always get stuck with the last minute chores?" Armani asked as the two raised up from the couch.

K-Dot shrugged, "We the only ones who ain't got kids, or kids on the way"

"Knock on wood, you played yourself last night" Armani gave him a knowing look and he laughed nervously.

Before they got comfortable, K-Dot grabbed his keys and the two left back out of the apartment. Three months had passed, and in that time Armani finally decided to grow up and get her own place. Twenty one was around the corner for her, and frankly she was tired of moving in between Big Muh's and K-Dots. Plus, after proclaiming his love for Jocelyn and breaking things off with Shonda for good, Armani couldn't deal with hearing her parent's non stop love making and that was enough to send her packing. She was still enrolled in cosmetology school, and in one month her mom would be having her grand opening to the shop that Armani would wind up co-managing. In all of seven months, things had changed drastically, but definitely for the better.

"I'ma stop in here real quick, you need anything?" K-Dot asked as Armani pulled up to the dollar store that was closest to Nico's house.

Armani shook her head no, and K-Dot climbed out of the passenger side. Now that her license suspension was up, Armani took the liberty to drive whenever she got the chance especially since she was still in love with her white beauty. She watched as he entered the small store, and then suddenly her phone began to ring through the bluetooth. She looked down to see Marley calling her, and answered it right away.

"Hey fat mamas, wassup?"

"Girl, where are ya'll? You know I be awkward as hell around your family when you're not here" Marley whined through the phone.

Armani kissed her teeth, "Ley, really? And we're around the corner at the store. Who's there so far?"

"Everybody, including your mom and Muh who are just the cutest thing"

"Ugh, don't remind me" Armani playfully choked, "How's my baby doing?"

"Me? I'm okay. A little hungry but they said the food should be done anytime"

"Not you, my niece or nephew. I still can't believe you guys are waiting until you push it out to see what it is. The curiosity would kill me"

Ley laughed, "We think it's cute, plus I don't want to be disappointed if it's not a boy so I'm just going to wait"

"Now when it's a girl, don't snub my niece and act like you don't want to do skin to skin contact"

"Oh stop being dramatic" Ley continued to laugh, "And oh, can you get me some candy while you're there. I'm craving sweets"

"Yeah, it's a girl for sure" Armani predicted, "But alright, I'll see you soon"

The two said their goodbyes, and Armani pulled up K-Dot's name to call him for the extra items to grab.