THIRTY | NEW YEAR, NEW ME?

MARLEY

            Marley awoke immediately as her alarm went off, raising her head up and beginning to wipe the crust from her eyes. She checked her phone to see the time of 10am, and smiled at the sweet good morning message from Ron.

It was a bittersweet feeling, because she was used to waking up to him each morning, his burly arms captivating her and causing her to force her way out most times just to use the bathroom; Just to pull her back into his embrace the moment she got back into bed.  She really missed that, because being at her mother's house was lonely as hell, her twin bed that sat against the tattered wall not warm or plush like Ron's. It was New Years Eve day, and she was hoping she could get her brother to watch Micah that way she could at least spend one night with her man. She didn't only miss his presence, but his loving too. She was used to getting put to sleep on the regular, and this small stretch was killing her.

She arose from the slim framed bed, and the first thing she did as always was use the bathroom. On the way there she poked her head into Micah's room, and of course he was already up playing Fortnite.

"Do you get any sleep?" She asked, raising her brow.

Micah didn't move his attention from the tv, "Yeah, four hours"

Marley shook her head, "Are you hungry at least?"

"Yes" he nodded.

"I bet"

She smirked and turned back down the hallway, quickly using the bathroom and then heading downstairs to start making breakfast. She began to hear her phone ring, and looking down she spotted Armani's name across her screen. She knew she had to answer, because she had been ducking her good sis for a while.

"Heyyy my baby" she answered as she strolled into the kitchen.

"Bitch don't hey baby me" Armani spat, "How come you haven't called me back?"

"Aren't you out of town with your man? I thought you wanted some alone time" Marley half lied, because she honestly was tryna keep Armani from her drama as well.

"Yeah I am, but I'm ready to come home. Thank God tonight is our last night, all we did was sleep the first day, and watch tv on the second"

"Aww, why?" Marley frowned as she began to take the ingredients out of the fridge, "Are ya'll doing anything tonight?"

"Cause girl I fucking hate it here, it reminds me so much of high school and the old me that I do not know anymore. And yeah, K-Dot says we have to since its our last night....but back to you. Where have you been?"

Marley twisted her mouth, "Girl, long story. I came back to my mom's and I have to take care of my little brother. My baby misses me, that I know"

"Uh yeah I do" Armani shot back.

"Bitch not you, my man" Marley giggled, "He did a popup on me and everything. I know he wants me home but I have to worry about Micah"

"Aww, if I know Ron he's going crazy. You know he like to play bad boy but he soft as hell. Why don't you just take lil man with you, Ron's apartment is big as hell"

"Yeah I know, but ya'll all say how much he doesn't like kids. I don't want to push that on him" Marley sighed.

That was definitely the last thing she wanted to do. Ron was a grown ass man with a lavish life and no kids, he did what he pleased and went and came wherever he wanted to. Having to suddenly watch over a bad ass ten year didn't seem like something he was interested in.