4

I just stared at her with no emotion painted on my face. Her eyes pricked with tears and one silently fell. I literally had no idea how to respond back.

"People don't understand. Everyone is just curious for their own benefit and not actually concerned. I know it's harsh to say but it's true." I stated as I looked down at my can of beer.

"Well I'm concerned." She sounded as if she said one more word, she would break. So fragile.

I turned to my side to see her just staring right at me. I guess she's really good at keeping eye contact.

"Well even if you were concerned you wouldn't be able to do anything about what's going on my life. I got myself trapped thinking it will be a great future when in fact I can just barely breath as I feel so suffocated with the air around around me. I want to leave and that's all."

"Just give me a chance. Tell me and I want to sort things out with all my might. I'm not talking gibberish. Trust me."

The last two words she spoke were something I hadn't heard in time I remember. She seemed concerned but then again how can this life of mine get better.

I chugged down the remainder of  beer left in the can, scrunched it up and got another one out.

"I'll give you a chance then. I'll give you 2 weeks to make me life better if you can, which I think is not possible seeing how crap it is. If you make me feel any better I'll consider my life choices and thoughts about people in this world." I offered with no emotion again.

"Fine. Just watch how I'll change your life. For that let's meet up tomorrow."
She sounded serious.

"I'm too busy at the moment. Our concert is coming up and I'm too tired for that stuff anyway."

"Tomorrow night then. The same time as now. We're going out to have fun." She said sternly leaving me not able to reject her plan.

"Sure"

I got up and picked up the carrier bag with the beer. I started to walk away but she still followed me. I never get this type of treatment. Normally if I leave first no one follows me up. I wondered how these next two weeks will go.

Catching up to me, she panted. I guess I was walking way too fast. All of a sudden I felt a hand grasp onto my shoulder. I turned my head to see who it was and of course it was her. It felt weird. Who wants to even communicate with an emotionless monster like me? She had her arm round my shoulder and when I seen her face she was giving a smile. A very bright smile I think. I didn't really know how to respond so I just left her with it. Even though I was trying to ignore it, I felt a weird sensation in my stomach. I'm guessing I was hungry but it didn't feel like that.

We walked through the orange lit street in silence. I wouldn't say it was awkward and she took her hand off my shoulder now. However when I looked to see she seemed as if something was on her mind.

"What's the matter?" I asked, still drinking my beer.

"Oh, I just have a really busy schedule for tomorrow and the day after. It can get annoying sometimes as I am younger than   most people I work with, so it can just get a little hard me to speak out as they won't listen."

"Don't worry, after the tough bits it'll get better." I felt weird saying these type of things as I normally don't give motivational speeches.

"I think you should also be telling yourself that."
Hmm maybe I should.

We carried on walking till we got to a main road.

" I have to leave now as my house is the other way than your dorms. I will see you tomorrow and don't do anything silly." She left as she gave a little smile. She grabbed her bag which was hanging off the side of her shoulder and turned around.

"Areum," She turned back looking slightly confused "get home safe." After saying that I also turned and left not noticing how she reacted. After that I left to go back to the dorms.

Once I got back all the memories from today swirled in my mind. Why is she trying so hard to make a life like mine better? No one has ever   shown their concern like she has. I guess none of the boys can as they're in a somewhat similar situation as me. I lay stiff on my bed not being able to go to sleep. I closed my eyes and just seen her warm smile. I wonder what she's going to do in the next two weeks.