9

"You mean a lot to me."

Why do I mean a lot? No one has ever said that. Not even one.
"You saved my life so of course you mean a lot."
"Areum. I don't know why I mean a lot to you. Literally I never help anyone."
"Well you helped me. So now, let me help you."

She got me up and took me to the bathroom. She handed me a towel and told me to get showered.
"I'll wait for you outside."
I had a shower and put some clothes on. I made myself somewhat presentable. I didn't feel that hungover anymore and I wasn't feeling dizzy. I left the bathroom to see Areum cleaning up the balcony. Oh my god, I left a mess didn't I? I walked outside and she just smiled at me.

Her straight black hair shone with the light and she gave a heartly smile. She was wearing a light blue shirt tucked into jeans with some white shoes on. I walked closer to her and asked "why are you cleaning it up? I would've cleaned it up after so you didn't need to worry about it."
She just chuckled and stared at me. "Mr Mark Lee, you already are doing so much so me cleaning it up is nothing compared to the hard work you do." After saying that she left to go back inside. I was left baffled. Honestly this girl is just different from everyone else.
"Let me make you food Mark. What do you want to eat? The others aren't going to be back till later and you'd probably end up eating takeout."
"Ermm. I don't know. Just make anything that you can make well." I didn't want to turn down too many offers of hers so I just went along. Also no one has asked me what I have wanted to eat in so long so they could make it for me.

After a while of me cleaning up my room whilst Areum made food I heard her call my name. I walk up to the kitchen counter and see that she has two plates full of food with some side dishes.
"Here you go, I made jjajangmyeon. This is what I can make best. My nan taught me how to mak- just eat it before it gets cold."
I looked at the steaming, delicious food and sat down right away. I took a bite and was left in utter shock. That's how her food used to taste like. Without knowing, I started smiling after taking a bite.
"Did you like it?" Areum asked before she started eating hers.
"I love it." I stated.
She continued grinning and started eating. It was silent but a peaceful silent which I liked. I wasn't hearing the chaotic arguments of the members. I decided to start a little conversation with her as I don't really know her.
"So do you live with anyone?"
She looked at me and hesitated to say anything for a bit.
"Umm yeah, I live with my grandpa and my older brother. But my older brother rarely comes home so it's mostly just the two of us. From three days ago, my grandpa went on a fishing trip with his friends so it was just me." She finished off her answer and eat some more.

Once we finished eating, we both washed the dishes and after that we didn't know what we were going to do.
"Let's go to the beach." Areum said abruptly.
"Huh? Oh the beach..." I was confused.
"I still remember that I did promise you, so let's go."
"Ok. Sure."
I packed some food and extra stuff and we left to go to the car.

She got her keys and was about to get in the drivers seat. My instinct was telling me to stop her. "Wait. Let me drive. You literally left the hospital this morning so I'll drive." Without giving her an option I took the keys from her hand and quickly sat in the drivers seat. She just stared at me from outside and didn't say anything. She slowly turned around so she could go to the passenger seat. She sat down quietly and didn't try to fight with me about who's driving.

"Let's go." I said before I put my foot on the pedal and left the apartment block onto the main roads.