28

After we had our takeaway, naturally Areum's brother went to his room. I then remembered the first night I spent here and how sad Areum was about him.

"Oh Mark, you can come and sleep with me. Areum can sleep in her room." He offered.

"Thank you but it's fine hyung, I'll sleep on the couch. It's comfy." I shrugged with my hands in my tracksuits bottoms pockets.

"Suit yourself. Goodnight Areum." He waved at her who was behind me in her bedroom's doorway.

"Hmm" she said then turned around.

I went up to her room to see her lying on her bed staring at the ceiling.

"Goodnight Areum. Sleep well." I smiled.

"You're sleeping now. Goodnight then." She smiled back.

"Actually go to sleep and don't think much."

"Ok mom!" She loudly said.

I chuckled and went and laid on the sofa. I had a long day and was so ready to go to sleep.

A few hours of what seemed like a deep sleep, I opened my eyes for a second and my soul nearly left my body. In the corner of the living room there was just a shadow which looked like a ghost. Before I could even scream, the ghost shushed me.

"Shh Mark, it's me." From the soothing voice, I could tell it was Areum.

"Oh my god Areum, you nearly killed me."

She stood beside me and said "well I can't go to sleep so can I sleep here with you?"

"Hmm sure." I picked up the side of my blanket and she slid right in. She had her hand around my stomach and she was using my arm as a pillow.

"I hope you can sleep now. Goodnight." I whispered and she nuzzled into my chest and hummed. Soon after we both went to sleep.

It was the morning and the sun was seeping through the curtains. I had slowly opened my eyes and it was like history was repeating itself. Hyunbin hyung was standing in the corner of the room with a cup of coffee in his hand. Once he made eye contact with me, he gave me a smug look. I rolled my eyes and then just smiled.

"WAKEY WAKEY Areum. Time to GET UP. it's nearly the afternoon YOU KNOW." He emphasised.

She slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the light and stretched her eyes. Once she saw her brother and then the fact she was with me made her all flustered.

"Uggh go away. I don't want to see your face first thing in the morning." She said putting the covers all the way to the top of her head.

"I bet Mark's face is the first thing you want to see in the morning." He chuckled.

"STOPPP BEFORE I CHUCK YOUR MUG ON YOUR HEAD."

We all started laughing at what was going on with a moody Areum. It was nice to see such a lively atmosphere in this house.

"I see a sticky note on your fridge and it says you both need to go and pack your bags for the tour. When are you leaving?" He asked.

"The day after tomorrow." Areum said.

"I see. So you'll be gone for more than a month?"

"Yep." I replied.

"Ok well get up then we shall talk." Hyung said.

Areum and I went to the bathroom then got ready for the day. Us three were all sitting at the table when hyung started a conversation.

"Well whilst you're on the tour, I'll go back to where I was living and sell the apartment. Then I'll come close to you and find a new place to live. I understand it'd be way too uncomfortable for me to stay here with you so I'll find somewhere near and we can stay in contact."

"Sounds good." Areum said whilst I nodded.

"Once again I'm sorry for what I did."

"Forget it. It's in the past now. Just focus on the future." She stated.

After a while of chilling and stuff, Areum's brother decided to leave and go to his place. He needs to get all his stuff to move back to Seoul closer to Areum. We then bid him goodbye and I realised I should also be going.

"Areum, I'll be heading back to the dorms as well. The other managers think I've been staying at my aunt's house so I should get going. I'll meet you tomorrow."

"Yeah mark. Don't worry about me. Remember to pack your bag when you get back." She reminded me.

"Oh yeah, of course. I will do. I'll talk to you later."

"Bye Mark."

Areum then came and hugged me very tightly.

"Thank you for all your support. I realised how much I ever needed you close to me."

I just hugged her tighter as my response then kissed her on the forehead.

"I'll get going."

And the new chapter for NCT127 started as the Neo City Tour was going to start in about 5 days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~