17

Once Areum had calmed down, we all went to the cafeteria inside the building. She was still slightly sniffling but had no expression on her face. She stared off at a distance with her puffy eyes. Me, Johnny and Winwin had no idea how to start the conversation off. Johnny and Winwin, sitting across the table just stared at me to say something before they left to give her some space.

I turned around to Areum and sincerely looked at her. "Are you alright Areum?"

She stayed quiet for a few seconds and then hesitantly said no. Her voice was still shaky and you could tell that it was something that was hurting her. "Do you want to talk about it?" I quietly asked.

"Your choreographer was my brother's best friend. Remember how I said that he ran away. Well his friend also went with him. But my brother also left him after a few months and it's been years since he last knew where he was. I'm never going to find my brother. I'm alone." She finished off with a tear rolling down her eye.

"You're not alone. You have me. I'm here with you and for you. I understand you miss your brother dearly but it will be near impossible trying to find him. He could be in this massive world we live. Trust me, he's fine and you don't have to worry about him." I assured her before putting my hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks Mark."

—————————————————————

Today wasn't such a busy day so we were allowed to go back home earlier. We all decided to go back to the dorm including Areum. In that way she could get on with all the other members. But Yuta better stay away from her. I don't want him scaring her off.

Doyoung and Johnny went to the kitchen to start cooking dinner whilst everyone was in the living room. Haechan, Taeil, Jungwoo and Winwin were playing cards. Whilst me, Areum, Jaehyun, Yuta and Taeyong were just sitting at different places on the sofa just watching 'While you were sleeping' that was on. I stare across the sofa to see Yuta staring at Areum. I moved my head and just stared at him basically telling him to stop looking at her. He stopped and continued watching the tv whilst smiling to himself. The playing cards group was literally screeching and screaming but having fun. I turned around towards Areum and saw that she looked happy. Happier than a few hours ago.

Johnny called everyone to the kitchen whilst Doyoung was serving the food. We all sat around the table and started eating. I sat next to Areum and saw that she was just stirring her fork in the noodles whilst just staring at them. I slightly nudged her and she just smiled weakly at me. She was still upset but she wasn't trying to show it.  We all finished eating and went back to the living room.

Areum stared at the clock and looked at her phone. "I think it's time for me to go. It's 9pm now and we have a busy day tomorrow." Everyone agreed and said bye to Areum.
"I'll take her to the door." I said and no one really replied as they were too busy watching Exo on Men on a Mission.

Areum put on her shoes whilst I opened the door. "Bye Mark. I'll see you tomorrow." She turned around but I suddenly held her wrist.
"Let's go together. I'll walk you back home and we'll grab a beer on the way."
She nodded and said okay. I quickly went back to my room and grabbed a jacket, hat and a mask. I put on my shoes and then we both left.

We walked in a comfortable silence to the convenience store which was close to our dorm. I grabbed two beers out of the fridge and took them to the cashier. After paying for them, we went to the bench at the top of the hill where we first kind of encountered each other.

"Remember when we first had a conversation here. You didn't even want to talk to me." Areum chuckled.

"Of course I remember. It was the first time someone genuinely cared for me."

Under the street lights, I seen her slightly blush and smile.

"You know Areum.. in a short amount of time, you have become quite a big part of my life. Before you came into my life I was a right depressed drunkard who no one really cared about. All the members had enough stress with the busy schedule that no one really had the time to hear out how the others were doing. I didn't even blame them because I never asked as well. But having you with me and actually caring for me and talking to me other than work helped me. I have stopped drinking so much. See I can't even finish this can off whereas I used to finish a 6 pack one. It makes me even more happier that you're going to be with me all day from now on. It's going to make work feel not useless. You have changed me for the better Miss Kwon Areum."

"Mark," a tear rolled down her eye and I just stared at her gently "I don't even know what to say. I'm touched. You have also my life so much better. I'm not feeling so alone with you. I just want to say thank you." Another tear rolled down her eye but I wiped it away.

I cupped her face and and then hugged her. I hugged her tightly. She slipped her fingers around my waist and also hugged back tightly. Our foreheads touched and we just continued hugging. Slowly we kissed and this time she also responded. We melted into each others warmth on the oddly cold night. My stomach was filled with butterflies and my mind was exploding with fireworks. I had never felt this feeling before, the feeling of giving love and feeling loved.  We stopped and she just rested her head on my shoulders and we just smiled.

*sorry for the extra long chapter. I mean I rarely upload so there you go🙃