41

Tonight was the first concert of ours in the US but I had too much going on our mind. Our practice run had finished and now we were getting our makeup done. Whilst having it done, I kept dozing off. Having no energy in my body I just wanted to curl up in a ball and go to sleep. But, obviously, I can't do that as we have a whole show to put on tonight. I dragged my body up so I could stand and then left to sit on the sofa whilst the others were also getting ready.

"Okay! Everyone ready, we have to go up in a minute. Get in your positions underneath the stage!" The stage director informed us.

We all just had a pep talk together and Taeyong hyung just motivates us. As we were walking Jaehyun hyung patted me on the back.

"It's all going to be alright so don't worry about it and just do your best tonight." He gave me a small smile.

All I did was just nod in return and look towards the floor.

I tell myself- Mark, you can do it. For tonight at least. Areum would be proud of me, this is literally what she was waiting for. Just do it for me.

Mentally preparing myself, I continued walking with the rest.

Some time had passed by and there was only half an hour left of this. It had been great so far. The energy of our fans, screaming every time a member said their line, waving their lightstick around. The green ocean truly made me feel a little better. I appreciated it more.

We were performing welcome to my playground and everyone was wildin'. Jungwoo was flying around the stage and doyoung and Taeyong hyung were just squabbling whilst Johnny hyung was being a flirt along with Yuta hyung. Taeil hyung, Jaehyun hyung and haechan were just waving their arms around. And I was admiring them. It was like I was dreaming, and I felt like I was floating.

Then I just shut my eyes for a second.

I woke up. All the members surrounding me. I was in the backstage room where we had gotten our makeup done. I was so confused so i slowly got up.

"Oh my gosh. He's alive yall. Thank God he's not dead yet." Haechan sighed.

"The frick you mean not yet. What are you trying to imply?" Doyoung slapped his arm and he whined.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Mark, you fainted on stage. The crowd started screaming but then went quiet. It was chaos. You were bought back here whilst we quickly finished off the show." Taeyong explained.

"I'm sorry." Was all I could say. I felt extremely disappointed for messing up the show. I didn't want it to be like this.

"No don't be, you were probably just tired." Taeyong hyung replied whilst holding my arm in reassurance.

All of a sudden our manager comes and asks if I'm alright. I tell him I still feel a bit hazy and I just need some rest. It was true, I still felt like I could drop any moment. My head was pounding and it was horrible.

"Wow, it's all over Twitter and Instagram that you fainted and so many news articles have put it up," the manger explained " we're receiving a lot of backlash and all fans are demanding that mark takes some rest. If we don't cooperate with them, your group may receive a lot of backlash."

"More like our company." Yuta hyung muttered underneath his breath.

The manager sits on the table in front of us and rests his arms on his knees.
"So guys, do you think we should let mark rest and let him go back until he's able to come back? Or shall we just postpone the whole tour? We will be able to push the dates and not cancel any."

We all just looked around at each other. Mostly in shock because they actually asked for our opinion.

"It won't be complete if we don't have mark. We need him there, but he needs rest. So I think it will be best for it to be postponed so we can come back better and stronger."

"That's true. Also Mark, did you have your physical examination before we came here?" The manger asked.

"No manager-nim, I was too busy with schedules and training for the shows."

"That explains why. Ok we need to head back so we can get your examination done. You might have some vitamin deficiency so you might need tablets."

I just nod.

"Ok let's wrap up tonight and head back to the hotel. Let's all get some rest and then we'll fly back tomorrow. We'll release our schedule statement tomorrow before we fly out so everyone knows. We'll be able to arrange that and that's the best I can do for you." He gives us a little smile.

"Thank you so much hyung-nim. I truly appreciate this. I'm so grateful." I bow to him multiple times.

"Don't worry, it's best for your group and our company image anyways."

We all head back to the hotel and we got given food in our rooms. As I was eating, I was thinking. It was if the gods were on my side. I'm able to go to Areum and hopefully this yugyeom guy will be able to do something. I need her back.

Jaehyun came panting from the balcony and stopped in his tracks. I just stared at him in confusion.

"Yugyeom has managed to track where Areum is."