48

We quickly reached the police station. As much as I quickly wanted to hear the results of the fingerprints, I was scared. Scared of who did this to my Areum. We rushed through the doors and saw Yugyeom hyung in the reception area.

"Hi guys, you're here. Let's go to my office, it's a little more private than here as it gets chaotic."

"Okay hyung." I nodded as we followed behind him.

He sat down on his chair and got out some papers from his desk. I sat opposite him with Doyoung and Taeyong hyung. My knee was bouncing up and down with nervousness and Taeyong hyung clutched my shoulder.

"Well we got the results of the fingerprints and dna and I'll tell you the names. If you know who they are or kind of have an idea, you need to tell us." Yugyeom hyung stated.

"Of course just please tell me." I said.

"Well off the clothes of Areum the ones most found of were Kwon Hyungbin, Kim Yerim. Across the house and that room, fingerprints of Kwon Hyunbin, Kim Yerim, Bae Joohyun, Park Sooyoumg and Kang Seulgi were found with a little of Wendy Son."

I couldn't believe it.  Red velvet went to that extent to hurt my precious.

"Omo, that's Red velvet. Who would've thought? I guess pretty faces don't make you the best people. But why?" Doyoung hyung said.

But I clearly ignored his questions. One name was running through my head, Kwon Hyunbin. Why do I feel like I've heard that before?

"Okay we've established that Red Velvet were there but just give me a minute to remember if I know Kwon Hyunbin." They all nodded.

I closed my eyes shut and out my head down. I was trying so hard to think.

"Let's properly introduce each other. My name is Kwon Hyunbin. And you are..?"

"Oh yeah well I'm Mark Lee."

"I have figured out that you're a very good boyfriend of Areum's."

It was him. Areum's brother. I thought he was alright. Why did he want to hurt Areum? She did nothing to him. I was infuriated.

"Hyung, I remember." I started.

"Who is it that you think Mark?" Taeyong hyung started.

"Yes please tell us. The police department need to know for referencing."

"It's..it's Areum's brother. I met him at her Grandad's funeral. He left them years ago but then came back on that day. He said he was going to stay in an apartment in Seoul to start over again and wasn't going to trouble Areum by living with her."

"Oh my." Was Doyoung hyung's reaction.

"Hmm well I see.. it was a sibling relationship. Mark would you know if anything happened between the two for Hyunbin ssi to act this way?" Yugyeom asked.

"No not really. She was just angry at him because he left their house years ago without telling them and she was young then. So it was hard for her and her grandpa. When he came back she was just annoyed that he decided to come back then and not any time sooner. There's nothing that I know of that could've caused this."

"Well it could be two things: he had a motive behind doing this to Areum or Red Velvet got him involved in some sort of way. We were already told by Jaehyun that Red Velvet had some type of hatred towards Areum. Am I correct?"

"Yeah, I mean it's stupid and it's all because of me. Yeri wanted to be with me but Areum and I were together. Therefore they just didn't like her. I never told Areum this but the police thought Red velvet were the cause behind Areum's big accident but it was never confirmed."

"Woah that is important information we definitely needed. Thank you for cooperating with us. We have kept it on the the low and haven't let them got the idea that we're looking for them. All of the culprits are in Seoul so we'll be able to catch them by today. It will be big news across the country but just prepare yourself for that." Yugyeom hyung clearly told me and I nodded.

"Thank you so so much hyung for helping me out. I'll be able to live a little easier knowing the ones who hurt Areum are rotting in jail." I said as a tear rolled down my eye.

"No problem. Just keep strong and don't give up."

We left the office and both hyungs gave me a hug.

"Mark, you're winning. The culprits have been found and they're going to jail. And with your support Areum will get better. God just put you through all these tests before your happy days." Doyoung hyung said.

"Just stay strong and know that everyone is supporting you." Taeyong hyung smiled.

"Thanks hyungs. I really mean it." I looked up at the bright sky.

"Areum, now I just want you to get better as soon as possible. I need you, close to me."