36

I woke up to the light piercing into my eyes, I barely got some sleep after what Areum had told me. I still couldn't digest what she said. I got up and went to the bathroom and saw my rough self. My eyes were puffy and my nose red. I guess I'm going to have to tell the managers that I've got a bit of a cold.

After what Mark had heard, he just couldn't believe it. He went into a state of shock. He left the hotel and searched for a nearby store. He went to do something he hadn't done in a while. He grabbed a whole two packs of beer cans and walked up to the till absolutely emotionless. After paying for it he went to a random bench and sat there. He quickly chugged down two cans of beer before looking up the sky. The moon was no where to be seen and the sky was pitch black. Mark desperately tried to find the moon as he thought it might be hidden behind a building. But no. Hopelessly, he managed to finish a whole pack of beer cans. He didn't want to stay sober, it just hurt him even more. Opening up the next pack, he did the same. Chugging the beer down as if it going to run away. On his last can he started walking back to the hotel and wished that he wouldn't have to face the morning.

When he got to his floor, he couldn't recognise which number his room was. He slumped against the wall and let out a loud groan as his head hit a random door handle. After the noise that was just made someone left their room. Taeyong stared at Mark who clearly drunk out of his mind.

"Oh god. When did he start doing this again? What on Earth happened to him? I thought he stopped this habit of his. He stopped drinking alcohol for a while but geez. He needs to stop this." Taeyong thought.

He grabbed Mark up and took him back to their room, throwing the beer can in the bin so he wouldn't drink more. As soon as Mark was in bed, he was knocked out. Taeyong, on the bed next to him gave him a worried look. It's not the first time he's seen Mark like this and he knows he's only like this when he really wants to give up. When Taeyong wanted to talk to Mark about, he started getting better so he left it. But clearly, the same thing happened that shouldn't be.

I got myself ready for today and put away my other clothes. I noticed that bag, Areum's gift. I took it out of my bag and put it into my back pocket.

My only schedule for today was to film a video at Times Square so I took it easy. I just roamed around the hotel with no destination. In the back of my mind I really wanted to see Areum but I knew she'd be busy. I'm meeting her soon which made me feel nervous.

A few hours had passed and Jaehyun hyung came into my room saying we have to go now. The sun was slowly descending as the night was nearing. Which meant Areum was also going to leave soon.

We got into the car and was told that we were going to meet her there. My leg kept bouncing up and down as I stared out the window.

Jaehyun hyung and I stepped out of the car in front of the meeting spot and we spotted Areum. She looked ever so beautiful but as she turned around her face looked pale.

"Manager-nim are you alright? You seem unwell." Jaehyun asked.

"Uh um well it's a cold. You know when you travel you get a little ill." She tried to laugh it off but I could that she was equally as upset as me.

"Shall we start the filming session then?" She looked at her watch.

"Sure, let's go." Jaehyun said.

Covering up my emotions, Jaehyun hyung and I walked around Times Square just looking at all the places. We then stopped at a cafe and grabbed a quick drink and then continued walking. We had filmed all the content but we had to go back to where we started for a good thumbnail for the video.

"Ok, done!" Areum stated. "Well done, the both of you." She then bowed.

We both bowed. "Thank you Manager-nim. You worked hard too." Jaehyun replied and I just nodded along.

"Ok so our main manager told me that we could spend about half and hour just walking around but we all need to meet each other back here to then go back."

I had zoned out but then came back to reality when she had said that. This was my last chance of seeing her properly for like another month and a bit.

"Ok manager-nim. I'm going to go around and take some pictures. I'll see you later. Bye Mark." Hyung waved as he left and Areum waved back.

It was just Areum and I. This was it. This was the bittersweet moment.