22

It's been a few weeks since Areum has been in hospital and I have been in and out of there. Obviously I wasn't allowed time off but I went to meet her whenever I had the time. Her health was improving quite steadily and I was happy to know. It made me sad knowing that none of her family were here but I try to make her not feel lonely. Whenever I can't go, Taeil, Johnny, and Yuta end up meeting her.

I was walking into the hospital to go and meet Areum and then something surprised me. Areum was walking with crutches without anyone's support. It made me so happy. I ran up to her and just stared in pure shock. She started smiling at me.

"Look Gorgeous," She said "I can finally start walking a bit. I'm improving." I could see the tears well in her eyes. I wanted to squeeze her tight with a hug but her ribs were still weak. I grabbed her shoulder gently and told her "I'm so happy for you. You're doing great babe. I just can't wait till you're all well again. I want you by my side again. Not by these crutches." And I started laughing and so did Areum. It had been a while since I heard a pure laugh from her.

"Let's take you back to your room again"

We walked back up to her room and I laid her back on the bed whilst I sat in the seat next to it. "Mark..." she started of a question. I hummed in response. "Have you found anything from that night?"

I knew this question was going to come up and I didn't know how to exactly put it to her in words. "No not yet. The police are still trying to find out. But don't worry and get better soon." She smiled at me and I did too.

I can't tell her what I know. She needs to get better first before I can sit down and tell her. It still angers me but I can't bear to see Areum get even more ill.

"But what I do know is that the doctor said you can be discharged in 2 weeks as it's been 8 weeks since you've been here recovering." I smiled and said in excitement.

"Really?" Areum was in shock.

"Yep. Although I won't let you do anything as you need complete bed rest for another 3-4 weeks before you can come back to work. It's the best for you."

"Ok mark. As long as you're there with me." She said understandingly whilst holding my hand.

Ps. MERRY EARLY CHRISTMAS YEOROBUN! 🎄🥳 I hope you have a great time. ❤️❤️❤️