Chapter 5

It's been about a month and a half since Raven and I met the Star Sanses, as they like to call themselves. During this time, they've each taken turns teaching us about Alternate Universes, or AUs for short. I like Ink's lessons best since he takes us to the universes. Luckily, today is his day.

"Welcome to Dancetale!" The aforementioned skeleton helped my sister and I through the painted portal. Looking around, it was nearly identical to the original universe, Undertale.

"How's this place different," Raven asked, taking in the surroundings. We were currently in Waterfall. Not really deep into the caverns but not really close to Snowdin either.

"Here monsters attack by a series of various dance moves. The adversary has to follow those movements so they don't get hurt. Each monster has a different dance style here and that's displayed by clothing and theme." Ink smiled as he spoke. I could tell he had a lot of fun making this universe.

"So where are we headed to first?" Raven narrowed her eyes at me.

"We're scoping out our surroundings first and making sure nothing can hurt us." My lips drew into a pout which made Raven glare. "We are being hunted down by an unknown enemy and can't afford to be comfortable anywhere."

"Being on edge all of the time will only hurt you and tire you out. Then when something does happen, you won't have the energy to protect yourself. Let alone protect me." Raven's glare softened at my statement. She could see the logic behind my point and I knew she hated it. "Go back home and hang out with Dream. Relax a little bit. You deserve it, sis."

The ravenette sighed but nodded. "Stay with Ink. You know how you get when you wander off alone."

"Don't worry. I won't let her wander off," Ink, who was silently watching our exchange, smiled at the both of us. "She's safe with me."

Reluctantly, Raven stepped through the portal back to our home. I felt myself smile despite of the situation with her. For once since they walked out on us we had a roof over our heads and didn't have to scramble around for our next meal. We can finally relax. I thought the only time we could do that was when we were in the tree. That got me thinking though. "Hey Ink?"

"Yeah?"

"What AU is Raven and I from?"

The skeleton silently led the way through Waterfall. It wasn't until we passed the Echo Flowers that he spoke again, "Dreamtale."

"Pardon?"

"You and Raven are from Dreamtale, though I don't know how."

"What do you mean?"

"Dreamtale was the place where Dream fought his brother for the very first time. In the process of battle, it was destroyed."

"How can Dreamtale be destroyed if that's where my twin and I came from?"

"That's exactly what I'm wondering." Ink was silent for a few seconds. "It's another reason why you're in danger."

It was my turn to be silent. Who could hate us so much without even meeting us. It was illogical but, then again, what feelings are logical? Especially when it comes to hate. "Who exactly is after us?"

Ink seemed hesitant to answer. "His name is Error. He believes that there should be only one original universe and everything not from that universe is just a glitch."

"But if he's not from Undertale then, wouldn't he eventually have to kill himself?"

"Unfortunately..." Ink smiled but his tone told me that he was upset by the prospect of Error's suicide. The temperature turned cold and snowy. I felt myself shiver. Tightening my jacket, the Creator and I ambled through the snow. A mix of all kinds of music flooded my senses as soon as we reached the edge of Snowdin. Classical, hip hop, latin, modern. All of the notes rang out in disconcerted harmony. I stopped in my tracks, closed my eyes and let the music take hold of me. I hardly recognised the movements I was making until I bumped into a monster. I turned around quickly, apologising. 

The monster I bumped into simply chuckled, "S'not a problem kiddo. You got some nice moves." Upon taking a closer look at him, I discovered he was a skeleton. Presumably this universe's version of Sans the Skeleton. He wore a blue hoodie with a white t-shirt underneath, black sweatpants with a white line down the seams, and casual sneakers. We continued to stare at each other until Ink found us in the crowd. I guess monsters gathered around me as I was dancing.

"Hiya, Dance! I see you've found Dove." Dance!Sans' eyelights looked me up and down before drifting to Ink's figure behind me.

"Hey, Ink. This human your charge?" 

"Yeah. The Star Sanses are protecting her and her twin." 

"Two of them, huh? Where's the other?" 

"With Dream. Raven can never seem to relax so Dove put her in time out." 

Dance!Tale Sans smiled at me, "You told her to slow her tempo?" 

I giggled despite myself. "Basically. She needed to calm down. If she continues on like this then she'll hurt herself." 

"Green," Dance glanced at Ink. "Am I right?" 

"I'm not sure. I'd say Cyan though." My brows furrowed from confusion, no longer following the conversation. "While we're here I was hoping that I could introduce Dove to Papy and Grillby. She's a music lover so I thought she would enjoy their themes." 

"Course, s'long as I can tag along." 

"Wouldn't think about not taking you." The pair of skeletons started walking towards a nearby restaurant by the name of Grillby's, the monster they were just speaking about. 

"You want a bite to eat, kid?" Dance turned to me and as if on cue my stomach growled. I felt my face flush as the skeletons burst out with laughter. Giggling, I followed the two into the building. I had a good feeling about this place. 

???'s Point of View

"JuSt YoU wAiT, gLitCh. We'rE gOnNa TaKe YoU aNd YoUr PaThEtIc SiStEr OuT."

"Smile while you can." =)