Chapter 25

Every day at the same time, Nightmare had Error bring Dove up to the throne room and asked her the same question. Everytime Dove said no. Everytime she came back to the cell shaking and with bruises. Lune worried about his companion but every time he tried to find out where the bruises came from Dove wouldn't respond. She simply hugged her legs and stared at the floor, much like how the skeleton first encountered her. They both knew she couldn't handle this for much longer.

~~~~~~

Elsewhere, the Star Sanses were preparing for battle. Dream was cautious, however. "Who will stay with Raven?"

"Sci, original Alphys, and UnderSwap Undyne will be watching over her." Ink realined his vials of emotions, preparing for the battle ahead of the team of skeletons.

"You mean studying her." 

"They have to. Handplates experimented on her so they have to study the effects. They could very well find something useful." 

"We need to hurry." Blueberry adjusted his battle body. "The longer we do nothing the more pain the human is put through." 

"Blue is right. We need to go." Ink took his paintbrush in hand and started to swipe at the wall of the lab. 

"Wait," Dream called out, causing his teammates to look at him. "Nightmare is going to be a lot stronger than usual so let's try not to engage in battle with him or his team. We need to get in, get Dove, and get out." The Creator nodded in agreement. "Also, I should make the portal this time. I can sense where the negativity is coming from. You can't." 

Ink stepped back from the wall as Dream summoned his golden staff. Instead of wearing his usual blue and gold outfit, the skeleton donned a hooded white robe with golden accents and a black sweatshirt underneath bearing a white sun. The skeleton channeled his magick through the staff and placed it on the floor. In doing so the Protector of Positivity opened up a portal that lead directly to the King's Castle. 

"I won't be able to go through. My power would be too weak in my brother's domain. But, I can keep this portal open as long as you need." Ink patted his teammate on the back. 

"We'll be back as soon as we can. If anyone finds out about this don't be afraid to close it. We'll find a way back if need be." A scream rippled throughout the air, alerting the trio. 

"We need to go now!" Blue was the first to jump in, followed by Ink. What surprised the Protector most though was when another portal opened, revealing Stretch, Blueberry's brother. 

"Little Blue told me the girls were in trouble. I'm here to help however I can." 

"Ink and Blue just went into Nightmare's realm to save Dove. Raven's being observed here. You'll probably be the most helpful if you helped your brother. Don't fight mine, okay?" 

"I make no promises," Stretch waved his arm lazily and hopped into the open portal, following after two of the Star Sanses. "Let the battle begin." 

~~~~~~ 

Dove's Point of View

I was currently being beaten by a drunk Cross. This usually happens after Nightmare's torture. Normally I didn't scream but this time was different. I seemed to really anger him somehow, which made the usually bearable beating worse. I don't know what I did. Hell, I don't even have to do anything. I just have to breathe and Cross wants to beat me with whatever he finds. Killer usually heals whatever damage is done to me. Lune helps heal me too even though he isn't comfortable using healing magic. They both have gotten used to one another now so I don't have to worry about them fighting all the time. I was brought out of my thoughts by a painful punch across my face. 

"You fucking bitch! You think you're so above me don't you?" Cross stood over me with his sword in hand. His stance was off balance because of his drunkenness. I knew I could probably knock him down but if I did I'd just get beaten more. Cross!Chara kept yelling at their skeleton counterpart but it was to no avail. Cross sent punch after punch my way and I didn't fight back. Not even when he started slashing into my skin. I simply screamed at the burning sensation sliding down my arms and my legs. I don't know when I lost consciousness but the last thing I heard was Lune screaming my name. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiya, its author~chan. I know I normally don't do author's notes but I felt the need to apologise for the abnormally short chapter. I have a lot of things to do regarding online summer school so my brain is kinda scattered at the moment. Expect more drama filled updates soon. Peace and love

-LMM