Chapter 18

It's been a two months since the feud between sisters started. Neither has attempted to bridge the ever growing gap between them. This made things terse for everyone. Unfortunately, this also brought about opportunity. With Dove spending most of her time with Nightmare and Raven Hopping throughout different universes, the Destroyer took advantage. 

Dove's Point of View

I was hanging out with Nightmare at the warehouse he, Cross, and Error trains at. We were spending a lot of time together and it made me happy. Everytime it was just us Nightmare would always be his normal self. No corrupted goop. Just his handsome self. Today Nightmare told me that he had something to show me. It made me smile when he held out his hand to help me off of the boxes I was sitting on. He led me to an empty corner that no one visited. "I really think you'll like this." Nightmare took out a golden silk handkerchief that was hidden in a wooden pallet and handed it to me. "Unwrap it." I did as I was told but I never expected him to be in possession of these. 

"Nightmare," my fingers delicately traced over the golden and galaxy apple seeds. "Where did you get these?" 

He looked a bit confused by my question. "You know what they are?" 

I felt myself nod calmly but inside I was freaking out. "Where did you get these? How did you get them? Did someone give them to you?" 

"Calm down," Nightmare stroked my cheek. "These are gonna help me bridge the gap with Dream. You know, fix our relationship. I thought you would be happy." I held my free hand over his. 

"I am happy, Nighty. Its just," I sighed, "it's dangerous for me to be around these seeds." 

"What do you mean? How can it be dangerous?" I opened my mouth to speak but glitched laughter filled the air. 

"Y-y-YeS. TeLl HiM wHaT yOu MeAn, YoU fIlThY g-G-gLiTcH." Error's fluorescent cyan strings shot at me but they were blocked by Nightmare's tentacles. More laughter filled the air. "R-r-RuN."

"He found me." I whispered under my breath. Grabbing Nighty's hand, I tucked the seeds in my pocket and started running. All most as if he read my mind, Nightmare sent out a shroud of darkness that engulfed the warehouse and teleported us away. 

"What the hell was that?" Even though we were far away from the warehouse I still pulled Nightmare into a sprint. 

"Run now, explain later!" We ran all the way to our houses. "Get Dream! I have to find Raven!" Nightmare nodded and ran to do as he was told, though it was obvious he was confused as to why. I burst into my house and immediately went to the basement. If I was going to find my sister anywhere, it would be here. It looked so different since the last time I had been here. Trinkets from different worlds littered new shelves and workbenches and there were bookcases filled to the brim with novels based around the principles of magic. Raven looked to be preparing for another Hopping trip when I got down the steps. "Raven! We have a problem." 

"I am busy. If you have not noticed." The ravenette placed a few books into her backpack, along with some bread and a leather pouch I assume was filled with water. 

"That can wait because this is more important." 

"What can be more important than learning on a person's own merit?" Raven turned towards me. Her green eyes held so much pain. I pulled out the seeds and her eyes widened with recognition. 

"Dove!?" Nightmare's voice resonated throughout the house.

"Basement!" I called out. The pair of skeletal twins quickly descended the stairs. 

"Lock the door. Now." Raven glared at Nightmare, who stood on guard. I locked the basement door. My sister turned to me with a stern expression. "Explain." 

"Error found us." I, once again, held out the seeds. "I think because of these." 

Raven picked up the golden one and glanced at the skeletons. "Why are they here?" 

"Because they're the ones the seeds belong to. I don't know how Nightmare got them though." 

"Can you please stop talking about us like we're not here?" Nightmare, who was covered by the dark sludge again, shoved his hands in his pockets. 

"What's going on?" Poor Sol looked like he just woke up. There were dark circles underneath his eye sockets and his clothes were all wrinkled. 

"Why did you have these?" Raven held up the golden seed, which seemed to get Sol's attention. Nightmare scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. 

"Do I have to answer that with him here?" 

"Yes." Raven deadpanned and Nightmare sighed. 

"I was told it could help me repair my relationship with Dream." This made Sol look at Nighty with astonishment written all over his features.

"Who told you this?" Raven's glare sharpened. 

"It's not hard to figure out, sis. Think about it. Who would want them to make up before they separated completely?" Raven sighed, running a hand through her hair. 

"Dream. Damn that skeleton." 

"Wait, what did I do?" Sol looked confused. 

"Not you, er, well kinda you but not you." Raven stumbled over her words. 

"We need to summon Ink. Is the paint still down here?" 

"Yeah, I got it." Raven went back to one of the corners, leaving me to entertain the two skeletons. I ran a hand through my hair and leaned against a workbench. 

"If we could've kept you out of this we would've. Now it seems our problems have found us." Nightmare simply smiled at me. 

"If it's important to you then it's important to me. Besides nothing can defeat the dream team." Sol and I laughed at the horrible pun but my laughter soon died off. The bad pun got me thinking. I started looking through the shelves of books until I found it. The book that Gaster had gifted us. Flipping through the pages, I looked for the page that described the prophecy. Instead I found something a lot better.