Chapter 12

Dove's Point of View

It's been about three months since Ink, Dream and Blue rescued me from Nightmare's castle. Since I've gotten back, Raven and I have done many things. One of which is hiding the galaxy apple from the Tree someplace Nightmare would never find it. It took awhile to find the right place but we found it eventually. Unfortunately, Raven and I had to move out of the house that Dream provided for us. Error found it and attempted to kill us again so, we've been AU hopping. Staying where we can for however long we can before Error finds us again. So far we've lived in a number of different universes. I can't even remember them all. Raven is the one that keeps track.

She uses the Multiverse Book that Gaster left for us to learn about universes and souls. We've tried summoning our souls to get a look at the trait each of us have but for some reason it doesn't work. There's also a section in the book that describes magick and potions. Raven's taken and interest in this and attempts to learn more whenever we hop around AUs. I enjoy hopping because of all of the adventures and experiences my sister and I have. We both have our favorite universes but we could always agree on which one was the best. Where we currently were. Outertale. It was always so peaceful here. Someplace where we could always relax. There was no doubt in our minds that this was the best universe out of every universe Ink has created. 

Currently, I was laying on the grass and watching the stars while Raven was researching. "Where do you think we're going to go next?" I asked her, raising my hand to the sky. 

"I'm not sure. We've been to a number of different universes and each time Error has found us." I was silent for a few seconds. 

"He's working with Nightmare, isn't he?" I heard Raven close the book in her hand. 

"We have no proof that he is but, it is likely. How else can he find us so easily?" Raven's worried stare was hard to ignore. 

"I'm fine. You don't have to keep staring at me like that." My hand rested on my forehead as I glanced at my twin. 

"You're not fine." Raven's green orbs pierced through my blue ones. It was almost as if she could see into my soul. "You fell for him and he betrayed you." 

"I did not, sister. You know this as well as I do." 

"I also know that you bottle your feelings up when you don't want to deal with them." She was right and I didn't like it. I sat up and stared into her eyes. 

"Just drop it. I'm alright for right now and I will be for a long time. I won't let this bring me down." All of a sudden, the book in Raven's hands opened up and started glowing. I had to cover my eyes so they wouldn't be harmed by the light. When it was safe to look, the book was open to a specific page. A new page. My curiosity got the better of me. "What's it say?" 

"'Nerd and Jock, aka NaJ. This universe is set around a high school called UnderHigh, where there is a social hierarchy system in place. Jocks at the top and Nerds at the bottom.'" Raven read off, glancing up at me when she was done. "You know what this means right?" I felt myself smile at the question. 

"We have a new home." 

~~~~~~ 

Convincing Ink to let us stay in the newest addition to the multiverse was a lot easier than we thought it would be. In fact, he wanted us to stay there. He made us a house with all of the necessities and even enrolled us into the high school. I think he's planning something but I'm not going to worry about it. Ink hasn't led us astray yet and I trust the creative skeleton. 

He did warn us that there were going to be alternate versions of a lot of our friends and to not act like we know them because they wouldn't know us. Raven and I were told to fly under the radar and not to get into trouble. Ink and the Star Sanses would check in on us whenever they could. 

The house that was made for us was tucked in the corner of a quiet little neighborhood and looked just like the other houses around it. The inside was incredible though. The living room held black leather couches and arm chairs, a large television, book cases that were filled to the brim with items and novels and a dark wood coffee table that had large metal vines as legs. The kitchen was small but was stocked with everything we needed. There was also a cedar and epoxy dining table and matching chairs for our meals. There were also three, undecorated, bedrooms, a single, large bathroom, a laundry room and an empty basement. 

"I think I'm gonna play around with magick a bit down here." Raven told me once she saw the basement. 

"Alright, but don't get yourself hurt." 

"No promises." 

After we were done exploring the house, we decided to go out to eat in order to explore the area a bit. Of course, we left after we each had a shower and changed into clean clothes. You don't know how good it felt to get clean after so long. I decided to wear a white, knee length sundress with a brown woven belt around my waist paired with a set of matching white wedge sandals. Raven wore a black tee shirt that hugged her body in all the right places and skinny jeans paired with black sneakers. Neither of us wore any makeup but Raven did pull her long, black hair back into a ponytail while I left my blonde hair down in its natural waves. We left the house and started exploring the neighborhood first. 

"I like this place. It's peaceful." It seemed I spoke too soon because right as those words left my mouth, a screaming match made its way into the street. The screaming didn't bother me in the slightest. It was who was doing the screaming that sent my heart into a frenzy.  

Younger versions of Nightmare and Dream.

~~~~~~

I'm so sorry I missed an update. My mind has kinda been elsewhere since my boyfriend is going into the airforce in less than two weeks. I'll try to not miss anymore updates but I can't make any promises until after my boyfriend leaves since I'm trying to spend as much time with him as possible. I hope all of my readers understand. Whelp, stay positive and enjoy the rest of your day/night. More updates coming soon. 

-LMM