Chapter 29

Two skeletons at the bar stood up. The two were dressed completely different from each other. Their backs were still turned away from me since they were finishing off their drinks but from what I could see one was wearing a purple vest and black jeans and the other was wearing a black sleeved cyan and gold jacket paired with blue jeans and a cap. When the pair turned around I swear all of the breath was knocked out of me. I held onto Ink for support, which the skeleton in purple took notice to once he was over his initial shock. 

Ink looked at me with guilt written across his features. He had told Raven and I about how he had force reset the timeline to this world. Rave was okay with it at that time but it took awhile for me to forgive Ink. After all, that wasn't his choice to make. I remember asking Ink if there was anything he could do to recover the lost memories but he said there was nothing. I was drawn out of my thoughts when I felt a bony hand on my shoulder. The skeleton wearing the jacket was smiling at me. "My name is Dream and that's my brother Nightmare. I apologize in advance if he gets moody with you. He doesn't really like new people."

"Huh? Oh, it's fine. I can handle my own if it gets down to it." 

"Are you feeling okay? You look like you've seen a ghost and Mettaton isn't even here." Dream chuckled at his own joke. I remembered Metta. I had asked both this world's Ink and Dream why the jocks called Mettaton gay when gay meant happy. They both laughed it off but never answered my question. 

"I'm alright. It's just..." 

"She's probably feeling hot because of all of the fire elementals here. Humans are different than us, Brother." Nightmare came to my rescue as I struggled to find an excuse. I shot him a grateful look. "I'll take her outside so she can cool off and then we'll take her to Grillby." 

"Okay, bro. Just don't take too long. You know how Muffet gets when she's jealous." I felt a sting in my heart as Dream patted me on the shoulder. "It was nice meeting you." 

Nightmare rested his hand on my waist and helped me weave through the crowd of monsters to the front door. He even held it open for me like a gentleman. The cool night wind on my cheeks felt good and the light from the full moon instantly helped me relax. I felt two arms wrap around me tightly from behind and a face bury into my neck. "I thought I'd never see you again," Nightmare whispered huskily. Hearing it brought a blush to my cheeks. 

"You should have forgotten about me, Nighty." I turned around and cupped his cheek in my hand. 

"How could I ever forget about you, Dove? I was freaking kidnapped for you." 

"I didn't know Killer would do that when I asked for you. Heck, I didn't know he cared that much."

"Well now you know." Nightmare rested his forehead against mine. He was taller than me by about half a foot now but he didn't seem to mind one bit. "I've thought about you every single day. Worried about if you were okay or not. Killer told me what was happening to you when you were taken out of that cell and how long the other me was chasing after you. I was so scared that you would be put into that situation again." My fingertips lightly caressed his cheekbones. 

"But you don't know everything, Nighty. You don't know how we used to be or what we used to be," my voice and heart were filled with pain as I pulled away from the embrace. "And now you're someone else's." 

Pain crossed over his features as well. "I'm only with her because I thought you'd never come back. I thought I could learn to love her." Nightmare stepped closer to me which made me step back. I didn't get far because I bumped into a light pole.  "You say I don't remember what we used to be but I do. Dream showed me every single night and not my brother." Nightmare tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"He did that?" Nightmare nodded and pinned me to the light pole. 

"He said that we should have the chance to be happy. Together." Nightmare leaned in close to me and upon instinct my eyes fluttered shut. I felt his breath on my lips, "Why don't we redo that kiss on the roof?" 

It felt like an eternity after I nodded when in reality it was a few milliseconds. Nightmare kissed me slowly but it was filled with passion. My arms wrapped around his neck bone and his hands rested on my hips. I felt his tongue slide across my lips, asking me for entrance. I playfully denied him, wanting to make this moment last longer. Nightmare growled softly against my lips and slid his hands to rest on my butt. I gasped when I felt him squeeze lightly, which he took full advantage of. Our tongues tangled for dominance of the kiss but with Nightmare being as stubborn as he is, he wouldn't accept defeat so he ended up winning. I didn't mind though. In fact, I enjoyed the feeling. The kiss ended all too quickly when we both heard something shatter. 

Just a few feet away from us stood this universe's Muffet, a broken plate of cookies at her feet. She was wearing a cute pink dress that showed off all of her curves and her hair was up in two pigtails. If you weren't a girl you probably couldn't tell that she was dressing to impress someone. Tears filled all five of her eyes as she stared at Nightmare and I. Nightmare quickly pulled away from me and took a step towards her. She took a step back. He reached his hand out to her. "Muffet. I can explain."

"You don't have to explain anything, Nightmare. It's all right in front of me." Her tears started rolling down her cheeks. "I hope you two are happy together." All of her hands covered her eyes as she turned and ran. Nightmare called out to her but it was no use. She was gone.