Chapter 28

Dove's Point of View

"What should I do?" Raven pulled at her curly, black hair as we went inside. It was a habit that appeared when she was frustrated about something. "Dream and I have an amazing friendship and I don't want to ruin that with a relationship." 

"Tell him that." I grabbed an apple out of our fruit bowl and bit into it. "Don't beat around the bush because you think being upfront will hurt him. It'll hurt him more if you don't tell him and he gets false hope." 

"I suppose you're right but you know how I am," my sister hugged herself. Yeah, I knew how she was. In the course of two years, her and I have seemed to completely switch personalities. Raven became less fight hungry and more knowledge hungry, more introverted and less 'in your face' blunt about things. Me? I took a page out of Edgy's book. I don't give a single crap about what people think about me cause no matter what it's my life, not anyone else's. I'll protect my twin no matter the cost, too. Even if it means I'll get hurt in the process. Nothing can hurt worse than what Nightmare did to me. "Dove? Are you listening?" 

I shook my thoughts out of my head and looked at my twin. "Sorry. What'd you say?" 

"I asked if you could do it for me." I took another bite of my apple and then held my hands up. 

"Oh no, you have to do this yourself. I love you sis, but problems like this are not my forte. Besides you don't want to hurt Dream right?" Raven nodded. "Then sending your sister with a rejection message might not be the best idea. Especially when I used to be attracted to his brother and you know how that went." Raven's shoulders sagged in defeat. 

"I hate when you're right." 

"And I hate when you're a know it all but we still love each other." I laughed and tossed my apple core in the trash. "Geno's throwing another Christmas party. I told Outer we'd go to this one." 

"You what? Why didn't you mention this earlier?"

"Your predicament didn't give me a chance. Plus it literally just happened." I pulled the invitation out of my pocket and gave it to her. 

"You realize this is in just a few days right?" 

"Yup," I popped the 'p' sound and smiled at my sister. "Would it really be the end of the world if we went to this one? We'd finally see how the Sanses act when they're all on holiday." 

"We see that whenever they celebrate a new Grillby's opening," Raven crossed her arms. 

"No, we see them welcoming a new Grillby/Muffet to the restaurant family. It's a part of their job." All of a sudden there was a swish and a splash of paint. Ink had just let himself into our home again. He did this so often he has his own room here. He uses it when he needs a break. Raven and I simply stared at the Creator, who was wearing some oddly casual attire. A simple brown vest over a white long sleeved shirt, his signature blue hoodie tied around his waist, baggy, brown khakis and loafers. I leaned against the counter and whistled lowly. "Got a date, Inky?" 

The skeleton blushed at my words, "No, there's a new Grillby's opening and I came to get you guys. l sent you a message but you two didn't respond." Raven looked at the communication device in her hand and mumbled an 'Oh shoot.' 

"We were in the middle of discussing something," I pushed myself off of the counter and circled the Creator. "Might I ask why you look so different?" 

"It's in a different kind of universe. One that doesn't know me as the creator of worlds." 

"What universe?" Ink seemed hesitant to answer. 

"You'll know when we get there." The colorful skeleton looked us up and down. "You two may want to change." 

"Alright, we'll be out in a few." I pulled Raven into my room and started digging through my closet. 

"Are we actually agreeing to go? We don't even know what universe it's in." I rolled my eyes at my twin and tossed her some clothes I took from her a few days ago. "Hey, I was looking for this top." 

"I borrowed it when I went to visit Dance earlier this week." I pulled out a white ruffled crop top and some ripped skinny jeans matched with light brown ankle boots and started to change my clothes. I tucked my dragon pendent into my shirt. "And yes, we're going. Live a little, Raven. Who knows? Maybe you'll meet a guy that'll get your mind off of the whole Dream confessing thing." My twin sighed and reluctantly changed out of her baggy tee and sweatpants. I had given her a black, spaghetti strap halter top and a maroon skirt that ended right above her knees. I also matched it with some black wedges since she wasn't a fan of heels. 

"Could you do my hair? You know how nappy it is with me." I smiled at my sister and grabbed a brush. I'm glad she wasn't arguing with me anymore. We both really need this after all.  

"Sit down and I'll french braid it." 

~~~~~~

Ink, Raven and I stepped through the newly made portal to the new Grillby's diner. It certainly had the atmosphere of a new restaurant. The shiny new bar, the jukebox in the corner with a purple neon sign saying 'Grillby's' over it, red seated booths and brand new tables and chairs. The place looked exactly like any other Grillby's I'd been too but it was still exciting to see how everyone in the universe reacted to the place. We weren't the first ones to arrive to the party. The place was filled with different Sanses, Papyruses and Grillbys all standing around and chatting. Some Alphyses and Undynes scattered around the place too. Raven shrunk away to cling to Sci, since he was someone she knew. 

"So what's supposed to cue us about which universe this is?" I nudged Ink, who was staring at Error in the corner. He'd come to these things often but there was always an unspoken truce. We all kinda saw it as the Destroyer's time off. "Aw, does Inky have a crush?"

"W-What," the skeleton screeched, his face plastered with rainbow. "N-No, it's nothing like that!" I laughed at his reaction. It seemed to catch the attention of everyone in the room. They all called out to me and asked if I was going to sing at this Grillby's opening party as well. I've done that since the first opening ceremony I've attended. 

"I gotta make sure it's okay with this universe's Grilbz first. Could someone show me where he is?" 

"Yeah, we can show you."