Chapter 26

Raven's Point of View

I could remember it clearly. The nightmares changed. Turned into something different. I saw a girl. She had a lilac crescent moon in her right eye and a pinprick in her left, translucent skin that showed her skeleton, and wispy, black fire-like hair. For some reason I felt a sense of pride when I saw her. It was like I knew she was important. Someone offered the girl a medium sized vial filled with a golden liquid. She took it, drank it, and all of a sudden changed. Instead of being a monster, she looked human. Black hair, blue eyes, delicate features. I knew her from somewhere. In both forms. But where?

It's been about three months since I woke up from my coma. Sci, Alphys and US!Undyne all said that I was out for about a month in Sci's universe. I've noticed that Dove is a lot different. She's quieter, more reserved and terrified of any dark crevices. It wasn't like that before. The only time I've gotten her to tell me about anything is when we're in our dreamscape. Even then, the things she tells me are vague. I have noticed new scars and marks on her body but she won't talk to me about them. It worries me. What happened to my innocent and optimistic twin sister who saw the good in everyone?

It took me a couple weeks to regain my strength and for Dove to regain a healthy amount of weight. In that time, the younger version of Nightmare never left her side. He was even willing to abandon his brother all together to make sure my sister was safe. I know that they kissed and spent a lot of time together but I never thought he felt like that about her. Of course I may just be over thinking this. Anyways, after I regained my strength Ink felt like Dove and I should hop around for awhile in order to explore new things and keep Error off of his back so that's what we've been doing. 

We've hopped from Outertale to Storyshift to even Echotale, spending about three and a half weeks in each. Right now Dove and I are in Flowerfell. You can bet that the monsters there didn't like us at first. Hell, they've tried to kill us on multiple occasions already. But there was one monster that gave us a chance. Sans. He took us to a cave in Waterfall and introduced us to a girl covered in flowers, I assume she's this world's version of Frisk, and a talking golden flower. Flowey he calls himself. Echo flowers light up the cave, much to Dove's approval. My sister simply laid down in the corner and faced the wall. I was so busy worrying about her that I barely caught Frisk kissing Sans on the cheekbone. His face turned bright red and he teleported away flustered. Frisk turned to me and simply smiled. She made some motions with her hands. I guess I made a face because she started to write in the dirt. 

'It's late. We should rest.'

"Oh, alright." I unpacked my backpack and handed a blanket to Frisk and covered up my sister. Yeah this left me without one but I don't think I'd be able to sleep anyways. There's always so many possibilities in new worlds. I'll probably study my surroundings and experiment with the magick in the area. It's what I always do at night. At least until I pass out. Unfortunately my body wasn't on my side this times. I felt my eyes grow heavy and let darkness take over my consciousness. 

~~~~~~

Dove's Point of View

I waited until I heard the soft breaths of my sister and our new companions. Unlike what my twin believes, I don't sleep at night. At least, not much anymore. I covered her up in the blanket she gave me and grabbed the sack of gold that Raven kept in her backpack. 

"What are you going to do with that," Flowey questioned me. I gave the flower a look. "You learn to sleep with one eye open here. Now, could you please answer my question?" 

"Its none of your business." My tone was sharp and my words were curt. The opposite of what I used to be like. "Don't tell anyone." I felt the flower's gaze on my back as I left the cave. I pocketed the sack of gold and kept my gaze towards the ground as I made my way out of Waterfall. Of course once I reached Snowdin I kept on a blank face and looked straight ahead. I remembered what Edgy told me about his universe when I asked him. 

"My world isn't a place for humans like you. You'd get eaten alive. If you ever were there, keep your head up," he lifted my chin up and forced my lips into a straight line, "keep your face blank, and don't make eye contact with any monster. If you do that, no one will bother you."  

It was just as he said. No one bothered me. Not even when I went into Grillby's. I ignored the stares I got, sat at the bar and glanced at the purple fire elemental. "You're a long way from home little miss." 

"Does it look like I care?" 

"Fiery, aren't you?"

"Says the fire monster." 

"I suppose you're right." He sat down the glass he was polishing and pulled out a notebook. "What can I get you?" 

"What do you got?"

"Burgers and fries." 

"What about to drink?" Grillby looked me up and down and shook his head. "You're too young for anything I have." I sat the sack of gold on the counter. A couple coins spilled out and clanged against the wood. 

"For one night, I want to forget about what happened to me. It doesn't matter if I'm too young or not. I'll pay." Grillby took a coin and bit it as if he doubted it was real. 

"Since you're a first timer here I'll give you a discount. 20 g." I pulled out the coins and pushed them to him. "Now put your money away. You're attracting a lot of attention." I tossed Grillby another coin, grabbed the glass he was previously polishing and threw it at one the wall. The shattering sound caused everyone to look at me. I glared out at the crowd.

"If you don't want a fucking problem then don't fucking stare. Got it?" They all nodded, though reluctantly. "Good."