Chapter 8

Dove's Point of View

It's been awhile since I've last seen or heard from Raven or the Star Sanses. I don't know how long exactly since time runs differently in wherever Nightmare's castle is located. I've tried talking to him about the lack of contact but Nightmare always changes the subject. While I've been here, he and I have been growing closer so this secrecy is kind of annoying. The most recent time I brought up my sister he changed the subject by introducing me to his team. It consisted of skeletons named Killer, Cross, SwapFell (I like to call him Raspberry), Horror, Dust and Fell (I like to call him Edgy). Each skeleton has his own unique personality. 

Edgy likes wearing black and red, has a gold canine tooth, and enjoys drinking mustard. 

Dust wears an outfit almost exactly like the Original Sans. The only difference is that Dust wears a grey hood. His eyes are also red, his left eye has a blue pinprick surrounded by the red. Nightmare told me it's because he harnessed the power of DETERMINATION, something a monster is never supposed to do. 

Horror has a large hole in his skull. I asked him if it hurt once but he just ignored the question and offered me something called a 'head dog.' Horror also has this thing with his axe. It's kinda like Ink and his big paintbrush, which he's named 'Broomy.' 

Raspberry dresses like Blueberry but instead of his outfit being blue and grey, it's red and black. He also has this gold belt with a skull belt buckle. Kind of ironic since he's a skeleton and all. From what I've noticed, Raspberry enjoys fighting and does it with a large bone that he summons with his magic. I've tried to get him to stop picking fights with everyone but he just threw a sharpened bone at me. I think Nightmare yelled at him for that. 

Cross likes to wear white and black and this golden heart locket. It's a really beautiful necklace and I can tell it means a lot to him. Cross isn't like the others. He sticks to himself and doesn't try to fight. He does carry what looks like a large kitchen knife on his back though. 

It struck me as strange that Nightmare didn't introduce me to the kid that's always hovering around Cross or to the Papyrus that always stays near Dust but I assume there's a reason why. I've tried talking to both of them and Papyrus responds to some things. The kid just looks at me weird, as does both Cross and Dust. I don't understand the looks they give me. 

Finally, there's Killer. He's the one I hit with a candlestick holder. He still hasn't forgiven me for that even after I apologised for hitting him. Killer dresses like Original Sans as well, but he wears a black turtleneck sweater underneath his jacket. He also has this red target floating in front of him and black streaks coming out of his eye sockets, like he's cried corruption. I'm honestly not sure what the target like thing is but I do know that I want to find out before I leave here. 

Currently, I was cooking for the team of skeletons. I've taken it upon myself to do the chores around the part of the castle that everyone stays in since no one seems to clean up around here. The boys were bickering about something in the dining room. I can't really hear what they're saying over the sounds of my music but whatever it is, it'll have to wait until after dinner. I gathered the plates of cheeseburgers and hot dogs I made and stepped into the dining room. 

"I'm just saying that we shouldn't have her wander around freely," I immediately heard Raspberry tell the others. I paused at the doorway. 

"And what do you suggest we do? Keep her locked up in her room?" Nightmare was glaring at the shorter skeleton from across the table. None of them have noticed my presence yet. 

"I'm not opposed to that." Killer rose his hand into the air. Some other members of the team muttered in agreement to Nightmare's rhetorical suggestion. Honestly, I felt kinda hurt. It wasn't hard to figure out they were talking about me. 

"Let's look at it like this," Cross spoke up. "She tried to escape once. What's stopping her from trying again? Especially with all of this freedom you're giving her." 

"I'm the only way she can see her twin again." Nightmare turned his gaze to meet Cross'. "That's what's stopping her from leaving." By this time, the kid that follows Cross around noticed me. He or she didn't say anything but I could see sympathy in their eyes when they looked at me. I simply gave them a weak smile. 

"That and the fact that your dreamscape reminds her of home." Fell drank some mustard. "Tell us the real reason you took the girl, Nightmare. I mean, you coulda kept watching her from a distance but you decided kidnapping her was a better option than that." Pain struck my heart when I heard that. Tears welled in my eyes but I held them back. The ghost like child floated up to me and laid their head on my shoulder. That's when Cross noticed me but by the time he signaled the others of my presence, Nightmare had started his response. 

"She has something that I want. An apple from my side of the Tree of Feelings. It'll give me the strength I need to finally rid the multiverse of my brother and his stupid positivity." Cross cleared his throat loud, catching Nightmare's attention. Slowly, I walked over to the table and placed the plates of cooled food down. All pinpricks were on my actions but I avoided everyone's gaze. My heart felt like it was shattering in my chest. I stared into Nightmare's eye sockets and my tone was cold as I spoke. 

"You took me away from the only family I have left to destroy the only family you have left. I'm disappointed in you."