Chapter 15

I woke up to Raven yelling my name. It wasn't an unusual occurrence but today was different. Raven's voice sounded far off, like it was in the distance, and it sounded scared. I must have dozed off because when I stirred again Dream was yelling for Nightmare. I didn't think much of it and snuggled into the warm pillow I was laying on. Well, I didn't think much about anything until my pillow groaned and started moving. I opened my eyes for the first time that day.

I was still on the roof, that much I could tell, but what surprised me the most was that Nightmare was still there. He was holding me in his arms and I was laying on his ribs. I tried to sit up without waking the skeleton but luck didn't seem to be on my side today. Nightmare sat up with me, rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, and stared at me. Once again, a light purple hue dusted his cheek bones. It was then I realized that Nightmare was uncorrupted, just like he was yesterday. Our gazes broke from each other when Raven and Dream's yelling turned frantic.

I stood, cupped my hands around my mouth, and shouted to the pair of worried siblings. "Up here!" Raven, who was still in her pajamas and had yet to brush her hair, craned her neck to look up me.

"What the hell are you doing up there!?"

"Thinking! I'll be right down!" Dream jogged over to my ravenette twin and asked her something.

"Dream wants to know if Nightmare's up there!" I could see how Raven's face twisted at his name on her tongue. It pained my heart but I couldn't blame her. I glanced at the aforementioned skeleton. He had his distals pressed against his teeth. My mind flashed with images of what happened last night. We kissed, made out, and fell asleep together.

"Do you want me to tell them you're up here?" My voice stirred him out of his thoughts.

"Uh, sure. Tell Dream I'll be right down." I relayed the information and glanced at the skeleton, who was once again lost in his thoughts.

~~~~~~

NaJ Nightmare's Point of View

My cheekbones were burning. I couldn't believe the events that happened last night did happen. Dove and I, we kissed. At first it was a soft, innocent kiss but my selfish ass wanted more. I remember the feeling of my ecto tongue in Dove's mouth. I remember pulling her onto my lap and sliding off my shirt. I remember pinning her down before we pulled away and she fell asleep. Kissing her is addictive. Dove is addictive.

"Nightmare?" Her sweet voice pulled me away from my thoughts.

"Hm?" Dove's cheeks flushed pale pink and she looked down at her feet.

"A-Are we going to keep what happened last night between us?" I slipped on my previously discarded shirt and scratched my skull.

"That might be the best option. I I don't think your sister likes me very much."

"There's a reason for that." I glanced at the blonde in front of me.

"Really?"

"Yeah but," Dove started twisting the fabric of her shirt in her hand, something she does when she's nervous or upset. "I can't tell you why." I felt my brows bones furrow from confusion. I opened my mouth to speak but I was cut off.

"Dove!" Raven's voice cut through the air. "Squid's here!" Dove smiled at me sheepishly, her cheeks still tinted with that cute blush.

"I have to go but maybe we could meet up later?" I felt myself smile.

"How can I deny an angel's request?" This made the girl's blush darken considerably, making me chuckle. As Dove lowered herself into her bedroom via her window, I jumped over to the roof of my place and did the same. Dream was waiting in my room. Oddly enough, he was silent for once. I could feel my irritation grow the longer he stared at me. "What?"