Chapter 6

It's been a couple weeks since I visited DanceTale and today was one of mine and Raven's days off from learning. The Star Sanses were out protecting the Multiverse so we used a small paint brush that Ink gave us to travel from universe to universe. We've decided to call it AU hopping. With each universe we visited, Raven came out of her shell more and more. It's been a slow process but Raven's starting to enjoy herself more as time goes on. I enjoy seeing my sister happy again. After all we've been through, she deserves to be happy. 

Currently, Raven was talking to Science Sans about the components and capabilities of magick. I didn't understand a lot about it but Raven was smiling so I was happy. The key term there is 'was.' The hair on the back of my neck stood on end and something felt off. We were being watched and by someone who didn't have good intentions. Quickly, I took Raven's hand. I could tell she was surprised by my sudden action but as soon as she saw my expression, she also knew something was wrong. 

"Could we continue this conversation some other time, Sci? I just remembered that my twin and I need to pick something up from home." 

"Of course," his eyes sparked blue with magick, letting us know he felt it too. "I'll let Ink know." Raven nodded, quickly created a portal and pulled me through it. We found ourselves in an empty, white void. The silence around us was deafening. Then suddenly, it wasn't so quite. A large boom resonated through the area, which shouldn't have been possible because there was nothing a sound wave could bounce off of here. I've just learned not to question it. 

Sounds of a battle rang throughout the air. The clangs of weapons hitting each other, the sounds of something firing, the cries of pains. I took a step back but as soon as I did, I bumped into something. There was a glitched chuckle behind me."BoO." 

I screamed at the black boned skeleton that was behind me, getting Raven's attention. The skeleton was covered in red ERROR signs, had blue streaks on his cheekbones that made it look like there were tears falling from his mismatched red, yellow and blue eyes. I diverted my attention away from the skeleton when Raven tugged on my hand. She was pulling me towards the battle that ensued a small distance away. 

"What are you doing," I shouted to Raven as we ran away from who I assumed was Error, the Destroyer of Universes. 

"We'll die if we stay there!" 

"We'll die if we go towards that battle!" 

"Do you have a better idea!?" I went silent. I didn't have a better idea. Raven slid, dodging fluorescent blue strings. I jumped out of the way of them. "Going towards the battle is our best bet for finding an ally! Trust me on this!" I nodded and followed as Raven led the way through this vast expanse of white. 

We ducked and weaved through Error's attacks as we made our way onto the battlefield. Knives, bones and blasters were haphazardly thrown around in an attempt to attack each side. It was dangerous but at least we lost our pursuer in the fray. My hand found its way to Raven's again then all of a sudden there was a bright flash of light. I felt different but it was a good different. I could feel the stares of those who were fighting on myself and my twin. Dream, Blueberry, and Ink stood on one side of the battlefield and on the other there was a team of skeleton's that I didn't recognize. Well, that's a lie. I recognized one of them. He was dripping with black goop, had tentacles and a single, blue eye. I heard myself whisper, "Nightmare..." 

The battle had ceased and all of us stared at one another silently until a glitched laugh was heard from above. Blue strings wrapped around Raven and I, causing us to grunt from our sudden compression. "FiNaLlY, i CaN wIpE tHeSe FiLtHy GlItChEs OuT oF eXiStEnCe." 

"Error! Don't do this! They're innocent!" Ink cried out to the black boned skeleton. Something flashed through our captor's eyes but it was quickly diminished. 

"ThErE'S nO sUcH tHiNg As InNoCeNcE iN tHiS wOrLd, I-i-InK." The strings reached into my chest and I screamed. Tears streamed down my cheeks at the feeling. I felt violated as the strings wrapped around something inside of me. I'm not sure what it was. I just knew that I didn't like it being touched. There was the sickening sounds of my sister's screams and sounds of a battle starting. The last thing I felt before I lost consciousness was viscous appendages holding me. 

~~~~~~ 

Nightmare's Point of View 

The blue eyed human girl called out my name. I was sure of it. She knew who I was even though I've never revealed myself to her. I wasn't sure how she knew but if I had to guess it was because of my brother. I knew Error was after the pair long before the girl was attacked that night. The night I followed her. When Error took the pair hostage, I gave my orders to my team, The Bad Sanses. "Distract Error while I get the blonde. After she's acquired, retreat back to the castle." 

The team nodded and proceeded to do as ordered. Fortunately, the sickening Star Sanses were battling Error as well. Unfortunately for me, they sent my pathetic brother to retrieve the girls. I used my tentacles to untie and hold the blonde girl. She had passed out, most likely because of the pain and damage to her soul. I'll have to get one of the underlings to heal her when we get back to the castle. I was drawn out of my thoughts when a light blue arrow flew by my skull. As always, Dream wasn't trying to hit me. 

"You cannot take her, brother. She and her sister are not to be brought into this." 

"It's too late for that don't you think?" Dream notched another arrow and pointed it at me. 

"Don't make me do this, brother. I know there is still good in you." I felt myself chuckle despite the sadness I felt. 

"You don't know anything about me, Dream." I opened a portal behind me and started stepping back. Dream launched the arrow as the goopy liquid of my portal wrapped around me. It lodged into my arm because I protected the human from getting hit. "You will certainly pay for striking me like that, brother."